How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 30 November 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
De Guindos to Meet Almunia as Spain Devises New Bank Plan
Spanish Economy Minister Luis de Guindos will meet European Union Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia tomorrow as the country devises steps to clean up its banking industry.
De Guindos and Almunia will meet in Brussels, said an Economy Ministry spokeswoman who asked not to be named in line with policy. She declined to give details on what they will discuss. No one was available at Almunia’s office when contacted by Bloomberg News today, which is a holiday in much of Europe.
Less than three months after tightening legislation to force lenders to recognize deeper real-estate losses, Spain is seeking new ways to convince investors that bank losses won’t overburden public finances. De Guindos said last week the government will allow lenders to offload real-estate assets into separate asset-management companies in order to free up capital and allow them to concentrate on their ongoing businesses.
Banks will have to make provisions for the assets before transferring them, and in the case of land those writedowns amount to 80%, Guindos said on April 26. Guindos is also expecting more bank mergers and “efforts by the banks to restructure and clean up” in the coming days, he said yesterday.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain October retail sales rise at fastest pace since December
- Former Boyfriend hunted over disappearance of Expat Mum in Spain
- Orange Spain unveils football deal for Bars
- Spain launches connected schools programme in 4 more regions
- Spain leftists block Catalan independence bid
- Spain's Ciudadanos overtakes Socialists ahead of debate
- Spain's DGT report traffic data by each Town
- Spain's fragmented supermarkets squeezed towards mergers
- Three-way tie seen in Spain's vote as Ciudadanos gains ground
- Premursa confirm grant award for Paramount Murcia
- Finding Business Premesis in Spain
- Currency Exchange Jargon Explained
- Glossary of useful Legal, Financial & Procedural Phrases