How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 27 October 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Madrid to introduce road tolls
Esperanza Aguirre, the President for the region of Madrid, has spoken of her proposal to introduce tolls on a number of roads in the region.
Aguirre specifically named the M-501 and the M-45, saying how the government could not afford to pay for their upkeep and maintenance.
"We have a lot of dual carriageways... they cost us 30 millions euros a year. We don't have any choice"
The introduction of these tolls coincides with a number of other measures to cut public spending in the region. Whilst the Minister confirmed that there would be no closures of Hospitals and Health Centres, there would be cost saving measures applied, such as increasing the number of beds per room.
Latest News & Stories
- Balearics Fight to Keep GMT
- Outrage as Spain Wins £150m UK Steel Contract
- Rajoy set to be reinvested as Prime Minster
- Russia Withdraws Refuelling Request to Spain
- Car Seats For Children - The Law In Spain
- Motoring & parking fines and how to pay them
- Motorways & Tolls in Spain
- Car Rental in Spain