How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Mr Grumpy v The Spanish Lifestyle
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain Banks Should Clear Balance Sheets : IMF
Spanish banks should clear as much as they can off their balance sheets as the government decides how to best address vulnerabilities in the country’s financial industry, an International Monetary Fund spokesman said.
Asked whether Spanish banks should spin off their “bad assets” into a separate company, IMF spokesman Gerry Rice said that it is first “critical to do the due diligence of these banks’ assets before taking a final decision.”
“In the meantime banks should be urged to clear as much as possible off their balance sheets,” Rice said at a press briefing in Washington.
The IMF said last week Spain may need to use more public money to shore up its banks, and raised the possibility of lenders offloading toxic assets into separate vehicles.
An IMF mission will go to Greece, where the fund co- finances a bailout package, once a new government is formed after the May 6 elections, Rice said.
Asked about the prospects for a loan to Hungary, Rice said the IMF welcomed “the recent progress in Hungary’s discussions with the European Commission, and we’re ready to start negotiations as soon as adequate steps are taken to ensure central bank independence, as has been discussed with the Hungarian government.”
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's El Gordo Lottery Tax Breakdown
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain
- Bank Charges in Spain