How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 18 December 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
DBRS cuts Spain rating in latest downgrade
Credit rating agency DBRS cut Spain's sovereign rating to "A (high)" from "AA (low)" on Thursday, the latest in a string of downgrades in the last month as the euro zone economy struggles with its debt load.
DBRS, one of the smaller rating services, cited Spain's increased troubles in addressing budget concerns and the "significant rise" in the ratio of public debt to gross domestic product.
"The trends remain negative," DBRS said in a statement.
Last month Standard & Poor's cut its credit rating on Spain by two notches to BBB-plus from A, citing expectations public finances will deteriorate even more than previously thought on the contracting economy and an ailing banking sector.
Spain has an A3 rating from Moody's Investors Service and is rated at A by Fitch Ratings. All three of the main agencies have a negative outlook on Spain.
Spain's 10-year borrowing costs have hovered around 6 percent in recent months, a level that many analysts say is unsustainable, even as the country's economy shrinks.
Latest News & Stories
- Man drives car into PP HQ
- EC Slams 'Wasteful Spending' at Spanish Airport
- 1.5 Mln Foreigners Registered with Spain Social Security
- Spain's Kutxabank sells property business
- EC demands Murcia clarifies conditions of Corvera Airport loan
- Police & anarchists clash in Barcelona
- Spain Sees Divorce Applications up 12.5% in Q3 of 2014
- Spain considering extension to TV reset deadline
- The Sickest Lard-Arse in Spain ?
- Spanish regions likely to overshoot deficit targets