How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
DBRS cuts Spain rating in latest downgrade
Credit rating agency DBRS cut Spain's sovereign rating to "A (high)" from "AA (low)" on Thursday, the latest in a string of downgrades in the last month as the euro zone economy struggles with its debt load.
DBRS, one of the smaller rating services, cited Spain's increased troubles in addressing budget concerns and the "significant rise" in the ratio of public debt to gross domestic product.
"The trends remain negative," DBRS said in a statement.
Last month Standard & Poor's cut its credit rating on Spain by two notches to BBB-plus from A, citing expectations public finances will deteriorate even more than previously thought on the contracting economy and an ailing banking sector.
Spain has an A3 rating from Moody's Investors Service and is rated at A by Fitch Ratings. All three of the main agencies have a negative outlook on Spain.
Spain's 10-year borrowing costs have hovered around 6 percent in recent months, a level that many analysts say is unsustainable, even as the country's economy shrinks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spainís roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices