How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 22 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Balearics 'popular with expats'
The Balearics are a popular destination for British expats looking to relocate overseas and the Spanish islands are now home to almost 24,000 Brits.
This is according to the latest figures from the Spanish National Statistics Institute (INE), which show the average age of Brits living on the archipelago now stands at 46.6 years.
Stephen Dight, managing director of Mallorca and Ibiza at Sotheby's International Realty, was quoted by A Place in the Sun as saying the Balearics tend to "attract a wealthier expat" that is largely immune to the economic crisis, thanks to "higher property prices and lower supply of quality homes than [the] mainland".
Foreigners on the islands make up 21.6 per cent of the total population of 1,118,654, with German residents accounting for 36,727, substantially ahead of the 23,773 Brits in the area.
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Latest News & Stories
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Vodafone Spain service revenues up for 1st time since 2008
- Manifesto calls on politicians to avoid third election
- Spainís Audit Office says Ä300 million a year being paid to deceased pensioners
- New flights announced Birmingham - Spain
- Spain to Ask EU for Two Additional Years to Reduce Budget Deficit
- Spain demands explanation over British nuclear submarine collision off Gibraltar
- Spainís King Felipe gives Rajoy 1 week to form government
- What does Brexit mean for Expats in/from the UK and the EU ?
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens