How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Balearics 'popular with expats'
The Balearics are a popular destination for British expats looking to relocate overseas and the Spanish islands are now home to almost 24,000 Brits.
This is according to the latest figures from the Spanish National Statistics Institute (INE), which show the average age of Brits living on the archipelago now stands at 46.6 years.
Stephen Dight, managing director of Mallorca and Ibiza at Sotheby's International Realty, was quoted by A Place in the Sun as saying the Balearics tend to "attract a wealthier expat" that is largely immune to the economic crisis, thanks to "higher property prices and lower supply of quality homes than [the] mainland".
Foreigners on the islands make up 21.6 per cent of the total population of 1,118,654, with German residents accounting for 36,727, substantially ahead of the 23,773 Brits in the area.
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Latest News & Stories
- Spainís struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens