How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 02 October 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
ECB President praises Rajoy's reforms
The measures taken by the PM in reducing the budget deficit of Spain were praised yesterday.
Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank, was speaking on the opening day of the ECB Summit in Barcelona, where he commented how the incoming Prime Minister had made a significant number of economic reforms in a short period of time.
However, Draghi also went on to say how Spain, as with other EU member states, needs to implement further structural reforms, and that it would be better to do this by better organisation of public finances and reducing costs, as opposed to further tax increases.
Speaking in general terms for the EU economy as a whole, the President also demanded "more flexibility, mobility and greater equality" in the labour market, saying that it needed to be a common discipline across the member states, to be applied "firmly and with conviction".
He also spoke of his belief that Spain would take the necessary measures to give market confidence back to its banks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain passes law against double charges at bank ATMs
- Spain working on Ireland-Andalucia new flight routes
- S&P raises Spain's credit rating to BBB+
- Spain gives citizenship to thousands with Sephardic roots
- Spain sees unemployment claims grow by 26,087 in September
- Spain sets December 20th for general election
- Spain seeks to overturn Prestige tanker spill acquittals
- Spanish police find migrant in spare wheel well of car
- Spanish government may claim damages from Volkswagen
- Spain's Inflation Rate Drops 0.9% in September