How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 26 February 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
ECB President praises Rajoy's reforms
The measures taken by the PM in reducing the budget deficit of Spain were praised yesterday.
Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank, was speaking on the opening day of the ECB Summit in Barcelona, where he commented how the incoming Prime Minister had made a significant number of economic reforms in a short period of time.
However, Draghi also went on to say how Spain, as with other EU member states, needs to implement further structural reforms, and that it would be better to do this by better organisation of public finances and reducing costs, as opposed to further tax increases.
Speaking in general terms for the EU economy as a whole, the President also demanded "more flexibility, mobility and greater equality" in the labour market, saying that it needed to be a common discipline across the member states, to be applied "firmly and with conviction".
He also spoke of his belief that Spain would take the necessary measures to give market confidence back to its banks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain arrests ISIL Facebook recruiters
- Spanish economy confirmed to have increased 1.4% in 2014
- Spanish house prices last year rose for first time since 2008
- Rajoy accused of lying by opposition leader
- Spain tops list of favourite retirement destinations in Europe
- Spain gets EU11.5 Mln funding for fruit and veg promotion in schools
- Sale of Spain's Parques Reunidos falters
- Spain Said to Lead EU Push to Force Terms on Greece
- Spain shaken by 5.2-magnitude earthquake
- Big spending Chinese tourists pick Spain