How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 22 December 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
ECB President praises Rajoy's reforms
The measures taken by the PM in reducing the budget deficit of Spain were praised yesterday.
Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank, was speaking on the opening day of the ECB Summit in Barcelona, where he commented how the incoming Prime Minister had made a significant number of economic reforms in a short period of time.
However, Draghi also went on to say how Spain, as with other EU member states, needs to implement further structural reforms, and that it would be better to do this by better organisation of public finances and reducing costs, as opposed to further tax increases.
Speaking in general terms for the EU economy as a whole, the President also demanded "more flexibility, mobility and greater equality" in the labour market, saying that it needed to be a common discipline across the member states, to be applied "firmly and with conviction".
He also spoke of his belief that Spain would take the necessary measures to give market confidence back to its banks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Catalonia court to probe region head over independence vote
- Spain's Princess Cristina to stand trial on tax fraud charges
- Spain's El Gordo 2014 Lottery Results
- Spanish Hotels Expect 8% Increase in Winter Bookings
- Countdown to change in UK driving licence law
- Spain gets ready for El Gordo lottery draw
- Ryanair acts on fuel policy defamation
- Spain's DGT clamp down on road safety
- Netflix silent on reported Spain launch
- Lidl celebrates 20 years in spain with new store