How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 23 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
ECB President praises Rajoy's reforms
The measures taken by the PM in reducing the budget deficit of Spain were praised yesterday.
Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank, was speaking on the opening day of the ECB Summit in Barcelona, where he commented how the incoming Prime Minister had made a significant number of economic reforms in a short period of time.
However, Draghi also went on to say how Spain, as with other EU member states, needs to implement further structural reforms, and that it would be better to do this by better organisation of public finances and reducing costs, as opposed to further tax increases.
Speaking in general terms for the EU economy as a whole, the President also demanded "more flexibility, mobility and greater equality" in the labour market, saying that it needed to be a common discipline across the member states, to be applied "firmly and with conviction".
He also spoke of his belief that Spain would take the necessary measures to give market confidence back to its banks.
Latest News & Stories
- Rising oil prices threaten Spain’s economic growth model
- Spanish bank count 3 billion euro cost of mortgage refunds
- Almost 500 people arrested in Spain for animal abuse in 2016: new report
- Spain's Sabadell sees up to 490-mln-euro hit from mortgage floor contacts
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss