How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-29 April 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
BMI Baby flights to be serviced by Ryanair
An announcement yesterday by International Airlines Group (IAG) that their BMI Baby airline will cease flying on September 20th of this year, has left thousands of holidaymakers uncertain of where they stand.
IAG, the parent company of Spain's Iberia and British Airways, purchased BMI and it's low-cost subsidiary, BMI Baby from Lufthansa only recently, but have been unable to correct the airline's £25 million a year loss.
BMI Baby, based at East Midlands Airport, will begin to cut flights on the 11th of June from East Midlands and Belfast to Amsterdam, Paris, Geneva, Nice, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newquay, and from Birmingham to Knock and Amsterdam.
Both Monarch are working to fill the void left behind on these routes, and are planning to establish a base at East Midlands airport.
Ryanair have also introduced special 'rescue' prices for those affected by theses cancelations, and are also working closely with IAG to service a number of routes to and from Spain :
* Derry to/from: Alicante, Birmingham, Faro, Glasgow and London
* Dublin to/from: Alicante, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Eindhoven, Faro, Glasgow, Ibiza, London, Malaga and Palma.
These flights will be available to book online until 20th May for travel dates from 11th June until 27th October 2012.
Regardless of where you live or your reasons for visiting Spain, the whole process of searching for the cheapest and most convenient flights for you and your family can be time consuming. That's why here at Tumbit we have partnered with Cheapflights, who search through hundreds of available flights every day to find the best deals for you.
Latest News & Stories
- Brit charged in Alicante pro-cyclist crash
- Spain Welcomed 12 Million Tourists in Q1
- Spain sees GDP growth of 2.5 pct in 2018, 2019
- Prosecutor will use Manos Limpias arrest to get royal out of fraud trial
- EU intervention sought over UK-Spain Gibraltar airport row
- Spain breaks its own record for joblessness of over 20%
- Bank of Spain sees private consumption growth steady at start of year
- “Human fecal contamination” at origin of bottled water health scare
- Catholic nuns undergo virginity test to prove priest's innocence in sex abuse case
- EU may fine Spain for missing budget targets
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain