How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 24 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish government threatens Euro 2012 final boycott
The Spanish government would boycott the final of Euro 2012 in Kiev if Ukraine did not resolve the case of jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, Spain's Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo was quoted as saying on Sunday.
Spain are the defending champions and favourites for the continental soccer tournament being jointly hosted by Ukraine and Poland and the final is due to be played in Kiev on July 1.
"If Spain gets through to that final, there will be no member of the government present while the case of Yulia Tymoshenko is unresolved," Garcia-Margallo said in an interview with ABC newspaper published on Sunday.
Spain would consider not playing the final if there was a Europe-wide decision for teams to boycott it, he said, adding that he was in touch with Poland and Germany on the issue.
Tymoshenko, the main rival of President Viktor Yanukovich, was sentenced to seven years in prison last October for abuse of office after a trial the West says was politically motivated.
She is in prison in the city of Kharkiv, one of the Euro 2012 venues, and is on hunger strike in protest at what she said was an assault by prison guards, an allegation denied by the prison administration.
Latest News & Stories
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- Spain trade deficit falls 10.6% in March y/y
- Security fears hit Thomas Cook as tourists choose Spain over Turkey
- Ryanair offers €20 flights to UK to vote against Brexit
- Spain's MasMovil unveils internet-only plans
- Vodafone Spain targeting 9 mln fibre homes in 3-4 months
- Spain's public debt rises 14 billion euros in March
- Spain’s public debt over 100% of GDP for first time in more than a century
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities