How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 24 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish government threatens Euro 2012 final boycott
The Spanish government would boycott the final of Euro 2012 in Kiev if Ukraine did not resolve the case of jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, Spain's Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo was quoted as saying on Sunday.
Spain are the defending champions and favourites for the continental soccer tournament being jointly hosted by Ukraine and Poland and the final is due to be played in Kiev on July 1.
"If Spain gets through to that final, there will be no member of the government present while the case of Yulia Tymoshenko is unresolved," Garcia-Margallo said in an interview with ABC newspaper published on Sunday.
Spain would consider not playing the final if there was a Europe-wide decision for teams to boycott it, he said, adding that he was in touch with Poland and Germany on the issue.
Tymoshenko, the main rival of President Viktor Yanukovich, was sentenced to seven years in prison last October for abuse of office after a trial the West says was politically motivated.
She is in prison in the city of Kharkiv, one of the Euro 2012 venues, and is on hunger strike in protest at what she said was an assault by prison guards, an allegation denied by the prison administration.
Latest News & Stories
- Vodafone Spain expands 4G roaming to 100 countries
- Public works contracts fall by 20% due to political impasse and deficit reduction
- 24 arrested in Spain in joint EU operation against child pornography
- PP accepts Ciudadanos’ demand for further-reaching corruption measures
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages
- Over 204,000 Moroccans Affiliated to Spanish Social Security
- Spain's Yoigo gains 19,900 mobile lines in July
- Orange Spain adds free EU roaming to Family pack
- Despite devalued post-Brexit pound, British visitor numbers to Spanish hotels up 15%
- Ibiza flight delayed after ‘police officer’s gun accidentally goes off’
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities