How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish government threatens Euro 2012 final boycott
The Spanish government would boycott the final of Euro 2012 in Kiev if Ukraine did not resolve the case of jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, Spain's Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo was quoted as saying on Sunday.
Spain are the defending champions and favourites for the continental soccer tournament being jointly hosted by Ukraine and Poland and the final is due to be played in Kiev on July 1.
"If Spain gets through to that final, there will be no member of the government present while the case of Yulia Tymoshenko is unresolved," Garcia-Margallo said in an interview with ABC newspaper published on Sunday.
Spain would consider not playing the final if there was a Europe-wide decision for teams to boycott it, he said, adding that he was in touch with Poland and Germany on the issue.
Tymoshenko, the main rival of President Viktor Yanukovich, was sentenced to seven years in prison last October for abuse of office after a trial the West says was politically motivated.
She is in prison in the city of Kharkiv, one of the Euro 2012 venues, and is on hunger strike in protest at what she said was an assault by prison guards, an allegation denied by the prison administration.
Latest News & Stories
- Europe's regional airports struggle as traffic shifts to hubs
- Amazon opens 1,200 collection points across Spain
- Spain industrial output grows for 3rd straight month in January
- Spain warns of high risk of new Islamist attacks
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities