How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Mr Grumpy v The Spanish Lifestyle
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish government threatens Euro 2012 final boycott
The Spanish government would boycott the final of Euro 2012 in Kiev if Ukraine did not resolve the case of jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, Spain's Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo was quoted as saying on Sunday.
Spain are the defending champions and favourites for the continental soccer tournament being jointly hosted by Ukraine and Poland and the final is due to be played in Kiev on July 1.
"If Spain gets through to that final, there will be no member of the government present while the case of Yulia Tymoshenko is unresolved," Garcia-Margallo said in an interview with ABC newspaper published on Sunday.
Spain would consider not playing the final if there was a Europe-wide decision for teams to boycott it, he said, adding that he was in touch with Poland and Germany on the issue.
Tymoshenko, the main rival of President Viktor Yanukovich, was sentenced to seven years in prison last October for abuse of office after a trial the West says was politically motivated.
She is in prison in the city of Kharkiv, one of the Euro 2012 venues, and is on hunger strike in protest at what she said was an assault by prison guards, an allegation denied by the prison administration.
Latest News & Stories
- Expats should keep records of return trips to the UK
- Spain banks borrowed €223.8 bln from ECB in November
- Spanish Inflation Reaches 0.3% in November
- Spain's broadband lines rise at fastest rate in 4 yrs
- Spain targets political parties with new anti-corruption law
- Spain kisses goodbye to Eurovegas
- Spanish debt hits 93.4% of GDP
- UK MP : Spain's Fishermen are "a Menace"
- Spain says NO as Catalonia referendum date set
- Spain's El Gordo Lottery Tax Breakdown
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities