How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 26 February 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Banks Consider Charging for Cash withdrawals
A few months ago Bankinter began to charge for the withdrawal of cash from their desks when the payee was not an account owner.
Earlier this year BBVA also increased the commission charged when withdrawing cash from one of their ATM's, but now it appears that many Banks are contemplating following suit.
Barclays, BBVA, Santander, Banco Popular and Bankinter are also believed to be considering the introduction of a charge when a client withdraws cash from the counter in any branch other than the one where they opened their account.
The report by Cinco Dias goes on to say how there is currently no Bank in Spain that makes such a charge, although Bankinter and Banco Civica state in their account terms and conditions that a €3 charge 'may' be made if such withdrawals are made, whilst CaixaBank's T's & C's make provision from a 'possible' €0.12 charge.
Meanwhile, Santander and BBVA are proposing the introduction of a €1.50 withdrawal fee under these circumstances.
Bankinter, Sabadell, Pastor, Barclays, Deutsche Bank and Citibank do not currently have any such charge.
The Bank of Spain note in their industry regulation EHA/1608/2010 of June 14, that such charges can be made by providers as long as they are clearly advised in their T's & C's and that the service being charges is actually provided. The BoS also note that such commissions and charges can be subject to change.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airport 'Open March 2015' : Sweepstake
- Madrid begins deporting Latino street gang members
- Turkish Airlines plan to Fly to Castellon Airport
- AENA Shareholders must approve closure of San Javier Airport
- Spanish Court Declares Catalonia Independence Vote Unconstitutional
- Look Out Paramount Murcia : Gollum is Coming !
- Spain arrests 8 accused of joining pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine
- Spain pays Judges €27,000 to attend 4 meetings
- Madrid eviction ends with 11 arrests
- Spain's Bankia to publish results on Saturday, without liability bill
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain
- Bank Charges in Spain