How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Average Spanish Mortgage Term Contracts
Data released by the Bank of Spain has revealled how the average repayment term for mortgages offered in Spain has now contracted to levels last seen before 2004.
In 2007, before the crash of the property market took effect, the average mortgage term for a Spanish mortgage stood at 29 years. A number of mortgage lenders were even offering products for as long as 40 years, when certain conditions were met.
However, the latest information available (December 2011) has shown how the average mortgage term currently stands at 285 months - 23 years and 9 months.
Cinco Dias has speculated on the reasons that may have contributed to this, noting that Banks are being put under pressure to only make 'low risk' loans, and as such the longer the term of the loan, the more the risk of the client falling into arreas.
The report also confirms that 18% of all mortgages offered during the 2004 - 2007 period were for greter than 80% of the value of the property.
Following the crash of subprime lending, the mortgage market experienced a slowdown which saw this number fall from 18% to 10% of new business, however the Bank of Spain has found that in late 2011 this rose to 13.5%, with the year as a whole closing on an average of 12.6%.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Travel authorities call for responsible tourism in Spain after sex scandal
- Spain's AENA appoints banks for IPO
- Spain sets another record for foreign tourism
- Gibraltar says data proves Spain border queues are deliberate
- BBVA to buy Spain's nationalized Catalunya Banc
- Spain set to double rail accident compensation
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- Buying from an Estate Agent vs a Property Finder
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- What is the Euribor ?
- When you canít pay the Mortgage
- How to Apply for a Mortgage in Spain