How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
The sorry state of Andalucía's airports
AENA's Federico Garcia Lorca Granada-Jaen airport generated debts of almost €6.1 million over the course of 2011.
This represents an increase in losses of 17.2% on 2010, when total debts reached €5.18 million, and 13% up on 2009 when debts stood at €5.6 million.
AENA explain this by way of a fall in passenger numbers. In 2011 the airport saw 872'762 arrivals and departures, representing a 10.8% decrease on 2010.
Likewise, revenue for 2011 totaled €7.7 million, representing a 9.9% less fall on the previous year.
The total accumulated debt at the airport is now believed to stands at €89.5 million, and leaves the airport struggling to finance future infrastructure requirements.
The other regional airports of Andalucía are not performing much better. Malaga airport ended 2011 with losses of €20.6 million, followed by Jerez with a deficit of €9.5 billion, Almeria, with losses of €7.9 billion and Cordoba with €3.9 million.
The only exception within the region is Sevilla airport, returning post-tax profits of €6.05 million.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain’s struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years