How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 24 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
The sorry state of Andalucía's airports
AENA's Federico Garcia Lorca Granada-Jaen airport generated debts of almost €6.1 million over the course of 2011.
This represents an increase in losses of 17.2% on 2010, when total debts reached €5.18 million, and 13% up on 2009 when debts stood at €5.6 million.
AENA explain this by way of a fall in passenger numbers. In 2011 the airport saw 872'762 arrivals and departures, representing a 10.8% decrease on 2010.
Likewise, revenue for 2011 totaled €7.7 million, representing a 9.9% less fall on the previous year.
The total accumulated debt at the airport is now believed to stands at €89.5 million, and leaves the airport struggling to finance future infrastructure requirements.
The other regional airports of Andalucía are not performing much better. Malaga airport ended 2011 with losses of €20.6 million, followed by Jerez with a deficit of €9.5 billion, Almeria, with losses of €7.9 billion and Cordoba with €3.9 million.
The only exception within the region is Sevilla airport, returning post-tax profits of €6.05 million.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera's SACYR to raise €416 mln in shares
- Argentina OKs settlement with Spain's Repsol over YPF
- Spain: Protests and the suffocating embrace of the law
- Spain's Caixa, Sabadell signal turnaround with bad debt falls
- Spanish yields hit new lows as economy accelerates
- Bankinter profit rise sets positive tone for Spain's banks
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Spain "Violated Human Rights of Illegal Immigrants" : ECHR
- Spain to cut 2014 net debt issuance on higher tax revenue
- A fifth of British expats in Spain left last year