How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-29 April 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
The sorry state of Andalucía's airports
AENA's Federico Garcia Lorca Granada-Jaen airport generated debts of almost €6.1 million over the course of 2011.
This represents an increase in losses of 17.2% on 2010, when total debts reached €5.18 million, and 13% up on 2009 when debts stood at €5.6 million.
AENA explain this by way of a fall in passenger numbers. In 2011 the airport saw 872'762 arrivals and departures, representing a 10.8% decrease on 2010.
Likewise, revenue for 2011 totaled €7.7 million, representing a 9.9% less fall on the previous year.
The total accumulated debt at the airport is now believed to stands at €89.5 million, and leaves the airport struggling to finance future infrastructure requirements.
The other regional airports of Andalucía are not performing much better. Malaga airport ended 2011 with losses of €20.6 million, followed by Jerez with a deficit of €9.5 billion, Almeria, with losses of €7.9 billion and Cordoba with €3.9 million.
The only exception within the region is Sevilla airport, returning post-tax profits of €6.05 million.
Latest News & Stories
- Tens of Thousands of Spaniards Protest Unemployment During May Day Rallies
- Spain's election re-run would fail to break deadlock - Poll
- Population of Spain in decline
- Brit charged in Alicante pro-cyclist crash
- Spain Welcomed 12 Million Tourists in Q1
- Spain sees GDP growth of 2.5 pct in 2018, 2019
- Prosecutor will use Manos Limpias arrest to get royal out of fraud trial
- EU intervention sought over UK-Spain Gibraltar airport row
- Spain breaks its own record for joblessness of over 20%
- Bank of Spain sees private consumption growth steady at start of year