How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 3 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Gas Natural sees no Argentina expropriation
Spanish utility Gas Natural Fenosa reiterated its earnings targets for 2012 after a posting a 5.2% rise in Q1 net profit on Tuesday, helped by lower financial costs.
Gas Natural Fenosa, which has faced shrinking demand from businesses and austerity-hit consumers in recessionary Spain, said it is targeting net profit of €1.5 billion in 2012 and underlying profit of more than €5 billion.
Last month the company said it might have to change its goals for 2014 as a result of the deterioration in its Spanish electricity business, which is also facing regulatory uncertainty.
But a strong gas business, particularly in Latin America, helped underpin Q1 results, with net profit of €407 million and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of €1.3 billion.
Gas Natural Fenosa has gas business in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico. Some of these investments may come under scrutiny after the governments of Argentina and Bolivia recently moved to nationalise energy assets.
The Barcelona-based firm reiterated its target for net debt of between €15 and €16 billion euros in 2012 on Tuesday, with a debt-to-EBITDA ratio of 3 times. Net debt totaled 16.8 billion euros at March 31.
A total of 66.9% of the firm's net debt has to be repaid in 2015 or later.
The company also confirmed how it was not expecting an expropriation of its business in Argentina and had not provisioned for a loss of assets in the country.
Latest News & Stories
- Gibraltar protests over yet another Spanish Naval incursion
- Spain services growth slows in June (but so does unemployment)
- Spain's De Guindos says a Greek 'Yes' would facilitate talks
- Seville church website removes article on “curing” homosexuality
- UK and Spain grant most EU citizenships
- Spain sees unemployment fall for 5th straight month
- Spain brushes off Greek concerns as it hikes growth forecast
- Spain's León Airlines folds after just 8 weeks
- Spanish air traffic controllers call further strikes for July
- Orange Spain Launches Holiday Pre-Paid SIM
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain