How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 2 October 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Repsol to sue Argentina, cancel supplies of gas
Repsol will sue Argentina for $10.5 billion over the Latin American country's expropriation of their 51% stake in oil company, YPF.
A spokesman for the company confirmed that Repsol will take its case to the World Bank's International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes in Washington, USA, where it will seek repayment for the seized shares and indemnization for damages.
Repsol will use a 1991 agreement between Spain and Argentina to support its case before the ICSID court , which is likely to be made before the end of the year. The company also considers that the takeover should have received shareholder approval or been conducted on the entirety of the company stock, as opposed to leaving Repsol with a mere 6% of YPF shares.
The company values their expropraited shares at $10.5 billion, however Argentina disagree with this valuation and the government has appointed a local court to determin it's their worth.
In turn, Argentina has accused Repsol of failing to supply a contract for 135'000 m3 of LNG scheduld to arrive in Buenos Aires next week. Repsol have claimed that this is due to 'credit issues' with YPF.
Repsol are under contract to supply 10 similar shipments to Argentina this year, with it looking unlikely that they will now be made.
Latest News & Stories
- Gibraltar accuses EU's Almunia of "Spanish Bias"
- Spain new car sales up 26.2 pct yr/yr in Sept
- 31 arrested in joint Bulgaria-Spain ATM fraud operation
- Galica town hall targeted with explosive device
- Paramount Murcia : 4 Octobers of Nothing Much
- Corvera Certificates required end 2014, or new application required
- Catalonia suspends referendum campaign
- Fitch's praises Spain's Banks, forecasts property prices stabilize : Report
- Spain to Borrow EU242 Bln in 2015 as Debt Reaches 100% of GDP
- Carrefour Spain gives IVA discounts to young people