How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 31 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Repsol to sue Argentina, cancel supplies of gas
Repsol will sue Argentina for $10.5 billion over the Latin American country's expropriation of their 51% stake in oil company, YPF.
A spokesman for the company confirmed that Repsol will take its case to the World Bank's International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes in Washington, USA, where it will seek repayment for the seized shares and indemnization for damages.
Repsol will use a 1991 agreement between Spain and Argentina to support its case before the ICSID court , which is likely to be made before the end of the year. The company also considers that the takeover should have received shareholder approval or been conducted on the entirety of the company stock, as opposed to leaving Repsol with a mere 6% of YPF shares.
The company values their expropraited shares at $10.5 billion, however Argentina disagree with this valuation and the government has appointed a local court to determin it's their worth.
In turn, Argentina has accused Repsol of failing to supply a contract for 135'000 m3 of LNG scheduld to arrive in Buenos Aires next week. Repsol have claimed that this is due to 'credit issues' with YPF.
Repsol are under contract to supply 10 similar shipments to Argentina this year, with it looking unlikely that they will now be made.
Latest News & Stories
- "Should Murcia compensate AENA for San Javier closure ?" : Senator
- EC Approve EU16 Mln Paramount Murcia Subsidy
- Google offer free 1 minute phone calls between Spain - UK
- Spain's most popular driving infractions : DGT report
- Spain to block watered-down Catalan vote on independence
- Pensioners sue Bank in Spanish IHT swindle
- Orange Spain brings 4G to Lorca, Murcia
- Banco Popular posts 2% rise in nine-month profit
- Spain to see Google Tax effective Jan 1st
- Spain 2nd highest inequality in the EU : Oxfam