How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Repsol to sue Argentina, cancel supplies of gas
Repsol will sue Argentina for $10.5 billion over the Latin American country's expropriation of their 51% stake in oil company, YPF.
A spokesman for the company confirmed that Repsol will take its case to the World Bank's International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes in Washington, USA, where it will seek repayment for the seized shares and indemnization for damages.
Repsol will use a 1991 agreement between Spain and Argentina to support its case before the ICSID court , which is likely to be made before the end of the year. The company also considers that the takeover should have received shareholder approval or been conducted on the entirety of the company stock, as opposed to leaving Repsol with a mere 6% of YPF shares.
The company values their expropraited shares at $10.5 billion, however Argentina disagree with this valuation and the government has appointed a local court to determin it's their worth.
In turn, Argentina has accused Repsol of failing to supply a contract for 135'000 m3 of LNG scheduld to arrive in Buenos Aires next week. Repsol have claimed that this is due to 'credit issues' with YPF.
Repsol are under contract to supply 10 similar shipments to Argentina this year, with it looking unlikely that they will now be made.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Travel authorities call for responsible tourism in Spain after sex scandal
- Spain's AENA appoints banks for IPO
- Spain sets another record for foreign tourism
- Gibraltar says data proves Spain border queues are deliberate
- BBVA to buy Spain's nationalized Catalunya Banc
- Spain set to double rail accident compensation