How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Mr Grumpy v The Spanish Lifestyle
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain 'must tackle fiscal consolidation and reforms'
Spain must tackle its fiscal problems and purse structural reforms to assure markets it is capable of economic sustainability, EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Tuesday.
Asked if Spain should be given an extra year to reach its target of reducing its budget deficit to 3% of GDP in 2013, Rehn told a news conference:
"Member states with more fiscal space should allow automatic stabilisers to function fully, meanwhile vulnerable member states that have been under close market scrutiny, such as Spain, need to tackle their fiscal challenges as part of confidence-building measures. "In essence, the road to medium-term economic sustainability goes through immediate, decisive actions in structural reforms and financial stability," Rehn said.
"For Spain, the key for reinforcing confidence is to tackle the immediate fiscal and financial challenges, especially problems in the savings bank sector and in the spending of regional governments, as well as pursue structural reforms with full determination," Rehn said.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's El Gordo Lottery Tax Breakdown
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers
- What is the Euribor ?
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage