How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 17 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain 'must tackle fiscal consolidation and reforms'
Spain must tackle its fiscal problems and purse structural reforms to assure markets it is capable of economic sustainability, EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Tuesday.
Asked if Spain should be given an extra year to reach its target of reducing its budget deficit to 3% of GDP in 2013, Rehn told a news conference:
"Member states with more fiscal space should allow automatic stabilisers to function fully, meanwhile vulnerable member states that have been under close market scrutiny, such as Spain, need to tackle their fiscal challenges as part of confidence-building measures. "In essence, the road to medium-term economic sustainability goes through immediate, decisive actions in structural reforms and financial stability," Rehn said.
"For Spain, the key for reinforcing confidence is to tackle the immediate fiscal and financial challenges, especially problems in the savings bank sector and in the spending of regional governments, as well as pursue structural reforms with full determination," Rehn said.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Mortgage lending expected to boost house prices in 2015
- Spain says 2014 public deficit was 5.69% of GDP
- Spain's opposition leader backs anti-abortion law by accident
- Spain investigates sinking of fuel-laden ship off Canary Islands
- Gibraltar would seek to preserve EU ties if Britain voted to leave
- Spanish hourly wages fall further from euro-zone average
- Spain Proposes to Set Up International Terrorism Court
- IMF ups 2015 growth forecast to 2.5%
- Spain urges more cooperation to handle attacks, migration
- Movistar Spain to start charging for excess data
- What is the Euribor ?
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage