How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 3 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain 'must tackle fiscal consolidation and reforms'
Spain must tackle its fiscal problems and purse structural reforms to assure markets it is capable of economic sustainability, EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Tuesday.
Asked if Spain should be given an extra year to reach its target of reducing its budget deficit to 3% of GDP in 2013, Rehn told a news conference:
"Member states with more fiscal space should allow automatic stabilisers to function fully, meanwhile vulnerable member states that have been under close market scrutiny, such as Spain, need to tackle their fiscal challenges as part of confidence-building measures. "In essence, the road to medium-term economic sustainability goes through immediate, decisive actions in structural reforms and financial stability," Rehn said.
"For Spain, the key for reinforcing confidence is to tackle the immediate fiscal and financial challenges, especially problems in the savings bank sector and in the spending of regional governments, as well as pursue structural reforms with full determination," Rehn said.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain services growth slows in June (but so does unemployment)
- Spain's De Guindos says a Greek 'Yes' would facilitate talks
- Seville church website removes article on “curing” homosexuality
- UK and Spain grant most EU citizenships
- Spain sees unemployment fall for 5th straight month
- Spain brushes off Greek concerns as it hikes growth forecast
- Spain's León Airlines folds after just 8 weeks
- Spanish air traffic controllers call further strikes for July
- Orange Spain Launches Holiday Pre-Paid SIM
- 5 things Spain’s ‘gag law’ will stop you doing from today
- What is the Euribor ?
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage