How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Just 2 Spanish Banks increase lending during Q1 of 2012
A report in today's Cinco Dias has shown how Bankinter and Banco Sabadell alone have increased lending during the first quarter of 2012.
Billions of Euros are being pumped into the country's ailing banking sector, but where is it all going ?
A record 8.15% average loan default in February has made banks nervous about extending further loans and to err on the side of caution.
Compared to the end of Q1 in 2011, credit granted by the main banks fell by 3.5%, with Santander alone seeing a reduction in lending of 8.1% over the same period.
In late March last year the value of all outstanding oans issued by Santander stood at €210,430 million euros compared to €193 675 by the end of Q1 2012.
Banesto saw a reduction of 5% in loans, down from €63,962,000 to €60,861,000 over the same period.
CaixaBank also saw a fall in the amount being loaned, with sums falling 2.6% from €188,700 million to €183,886 this year.
However, Bankinter have increased their lending by 2% - a physical increase of €1'000 million in loans.
For their part Sabadell loans increased by 1.4% to reach €71,086,000 million.
Latest News & Stories
- Repsol to start searching for oil off Canary Islands coast by end of year
- eBay's StubHub sting ringleader detained in Spain
- More than 1,000 would-be migrants attempt Melilla fence jump
- Vodafone, Orange update FTTH agreement following Ono deal
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Buying an Existing Business
- Bank Charges in Spain