How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Just 2 Spanish Banks increase lending during Q1 of 2012
A report in today's Cinco Dias has shown how Bankinter and Banco Sabadell alone have increased lending during the first quarter of 2012.
Billions of Euros are being pumped into the country's ailing banking sector, but where is it all going ?
A record 8.15% average loan default in February has made banks nervous about extending further loans and to err on the side of caution.
Compared to the end of Q1 in 2011, credit granted by the main banks fell by 3.5%, with Santander alone seeing a reduction in lending of 8.1% over the same period.
In late March last year the value of all outstanding oans issued by Santander stood at 210,430 million euros compared to 193 675 by the end of Q1 2012.
Banesto saw a reduction of 5% in loans, down from 63,962,000 to 60,861,000 over the same period.
CaixaBank also saw a fall in the amount being loaned, with sums falling 2.6% from 188,700 million to 183,886 this year.
However, Bankinter have increased their lending by 2% - a physical increase of 1'000 million in loans.
For their part Sabadell loans increased by 1.4% to reach 71,086,000 million.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target
- Spanish union welcomes Vodafone Spain, Telefonica fibre deal
- What a no deal Brexit would mean for healthcare of British pensioners in Spain
- Spanish PM warns opposition lack of support could force new elections
- Spanish opposition blocks dockers reform in blow to government
- Spain economy seen growing at least 0.7 quarter-on-quarter in Q1
- The number of Spaniards living abroad has risen for the eighth year in a row
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Buying an Existing Business
- Bank Charges in Spain