How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 27 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Number of bankruptcies up 20pct on Q1 2011
The number of induviduals and businesses filing for Bankruptcy in Q1 of 2012 reached 2,224, an increase of 21.5% over the same period of 2011 and the highest level it has reached since the onset of the financial crisis.
Induvidual bankruptcies increased by 1.5% over the quarter to reach 266, while Business bankruptcies grew by 24.9% to reach 1,958, according to data released today by the National Institute of Statistics (INE).
Of the 2,224 cases filed over the quarter, 88% were from businesses, with 31.3% (612) of these companies being involved in the construction and property development sectors.
Companies involved in the energy sector represented 18.7% of all businesses declared bankrupt in the first quarter (367), and trade represented 17.7% of all bankruptcies (347 procedures).
Of all companies that were declared insolvent during Q1 of 2012, 358 were corporations (up 23.4% over the same period in 2011), while 1,475 were private limited companies (up 25.9%).
Latest News & Stories
- 2.5 Million Passengers per year to arrive at Murcia's Corvera Airport
- Spain PM pledges EU 4.2 Bln investment in Catalonia
- Spain's growth may top 2.5 percent for next two to four years - minister
- Spain’s Social Security shortfall rises to €18.6 billion in 2016
- Ryanair announce new flights to Spain from Newcastle
- Spain's Jazztel to increase fibre speed to 300Mbps
- Spanish government will have enough support to pass budget - minister
- Spanish PM: “I will repeat it ad nauseam, I will not call early elections”
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Applying for a Business Loan
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage
- Bank Charges in Spain