How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Number of bankruptcies up 20pct on Q1 2011
The number of induviduals and businesses filing for Bankruptcy in Q1 of 2012 reached 2,224, an increase of 21.5% over the same period of 2011 and the highest level it has reached since the onset of the financial crisis.
Induvidual bankruptcies increased by 1.5% over the quarter to reach 266, while Business bankruptcies grew by 24.9% to reach 1,958, according to data released today by the National Institute of Statistics (INE).
Of the 2,224 cases filed over the quarter, 88% were from businesses, with 31.3% (612) of these companies being involved in the construction and property development sectors.
Companies involved in the energy sector represented 18.7% of all businesses declared bankrupt in the first quarter (367), and trade represented 17.7% of all bankruptcies (347 procedures).
Of all companies that were declared insolvent during Q1 of 2012, 358 were corporations (up 23.4% over the same period in 2011), while 1,475 were private limited companies (up 25.9%).
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Will Not Cost Murcia One Euro
- Corvera Airport has "other parties interested"
- Spanish Court Convicts 22 Riot Police Officers
- Rajoy Pledges to Cut Taxes by 2015
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Applying for a Business Loan
- When you canít pay the Mortgage
- Bank Charges in Spain