How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Number of bankruptcies up 20pct on Q1 2011
The number of induviduals and businesses filing for Bankruptcy in Q1 of 2012 reached 2,224, an increase of 21.5% over the same period of 2011 and the highest level it has reached since the onset of the financial crisis.
Induvidual bankruptcies increased by 1.5% over the quarter to reach 266, while Business bankruptcies grew by 24.9% to reach 1,958, according to data released today by the National Institute of Statistics (INE).
Of the 2,224 cases filed over the quarter, 88% were from businesses, with 31.3% (612) of these companies being involved in the construction and property development sectors.
Companies involved in the energy sector represented 18.7% of all businesses declared bankrupt in the first quarter (367), and trade represented 17.7% of all bankruptcies (347 procedures).
Of all companies that were declared insolvent during Q1 of 2012, 358 were corporations (up 23.4% over the same period in 2011), while 1,475 were private limited companies (up 25.9%).
Latest News & Stories
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers
- Merkel Denies Forcing Spain Into Bailout
- IMF Praises Spain's Banking Reforms
- Greater powers for Spain's central bank planned
- Spain Appoints New Body To Represent SMEs
- Spain retailers take on more holiday staff
- Spain ‘will take 20 years to recover from crisis’
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Applying for a Business Loan
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage
- Bank Charges in Spain