How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Number of bankruptcies up 20pct on Q1 2011
The number of induviduals and businesses filing for Bankruptcy in Q1 of 2012 reached 2,224, an increase of 21.5% over the same period of 2011 and the highest level it has reached since the onset of the financial crisis.
Induvidual bankruptcies increased by 1.5% over the quarter to reach 266, while Business bankruptcies grew by 24.9% to reach 1,958, according to data released today by the National Institute of Statistics (INE).
Of the 2,224 cases filed over the quarter, 88% were from businesses, with 31.3% (612) of these companies being involved in the construction and property development sectors.
Companies involved in the energy sector represented 18.7% of all businesses declared bankrupt in the first quarter (367), and trade represented 17.7% of all bankruptcies (347 procedures).
Of all companies that were declared insolvent during Q1 of 2012, 358 were corporations (up 23.4% over the same period in 2011), while 1,475 were private limited companies (up 25.9%).
Latest News & Stories
- Spainís struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Applying for a Business Loan
- When you canít pay the Mortgage
- Bank Charges in Spain