How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 24 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'Socialise' when relocating abroad
The Executive Editor of InternationalLiving.com, Jennifer Stevens, has recommended that potential exp[ats consider moving to an area that "already has an expat community in place".
She pointed out this means the new arrival will be able to make friends easily by going to meetings held by other foreigners.
Other times, individuals decide to establish themselves in a country they have already travelled to on holidays, which can "ease the transition", the expert continued.
As well as befriending other expats, it is useful to become acquaintances with locals, she added.
This enables a person to become "much more integrated in to the community", Ms Stevens declared.
Men and woman do not necessarily have to have "the genes of Indiana Jones" to have an enriching and enjoyable life on new shores, she stated.
Recently, founder of Your Property Club Brett Alegre-Wood recommended that people relocating overseas research the property they intend on buying before making any transactions.
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to bid for euro zone chair
- Spain's Caixabank beats profit forecast in Q1
- Spain's Bankinter Q1 profit up 45 pct
- Your Spanish bank account may be blocked if you donít hand in your ID
- Retired Expats Must Prove They Are Not Dead
- Stag party causes chaos on Glasgow-Alicante flight
- Tax Agency uncovers Ä20 billion of Spanish capital in Switzerland
- Spanish GDP will not return to pre-crisis levels until 2017 : IMF
- Spain Not Doing Enough to Clean Sunken Trawler Fuel Leakage - Greenpeace
- Spain to publish list of tax-debtors
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens