How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
'Socialise' when relocating abroad
The Executive Editor of InternationalLiving.com, Jennifer Stevens, has recommended that potential exp[ats consider moving to an area that "already has an expat community in place".
She pointed out this means the new arrival will be able to make friends easily by going to meetings held by other foreigners.
Other times, individuals decide to establish themselves in a country they have already travelled to on holidays, which can "ease the transition", the expert continued.
As well as befriending other expats, it is useful to become acquaintances with locals, she added.
This enables a person to become "much more integrated in to the community", Ms Stevens declared.
Men and woman do not necessarily have to have "the genes of Indiana Jones" to have an enriching and enjoyable life on new shores, she stated.
Recently, founder of Your Property Club Brett Alegre-Wood recommended that people relocating overseas research the property they intend on buying before making any transactions.
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Latest News & Stories
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln
- Lidl to invest further €180 Mln in Spain
- Spain to ease corporate debt refinancing rules
- Catalonia to tax banks for keeping properties empty
- Drinking among Spanish youngsters on the rise
- Interior Minister to visit Ceuta and Melilla over “emergency” border situation
- Spain services sector grows for 4th straight month in Feb - PMI
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens