How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 30 June 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Barclays shares hit by Spain's debt crisis
Shares in Barclays shed 3.2%, leading UK-listed banks lower and the second-top faller on the FTSE 100, as concerns grow over its exposure to Spain's financial crisis.
Spain's government tried to plug a gaping hole in the country's banking system on Friday, but the fourth such attempt to tackle the fallout from a property crash fell short of expectations.
"The situation in Spain is clearly worrying, we would not expect it to pose significant balance sheet risk to Barclays unless Spain exits the Euro (in which case all bets are off)," Shore Capital says in a note.
"Nevertheless, with such significant headline exposure to the region, we expect Barclays to be the UK bank that is most exposed to negative sentiment affecting the country," the broker says.