How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-29 April 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Goverment arbitrator asks for more time to resolve Iberia dispute
The government-appointed arbitrator brought in to mediate between Iberia airline and their striking employees - members of the SEPLA Pilots Union - has commented how he will be unable to find a resolution in the time scale he has been allocated.
Jaime Montalvo was given 10 days to solve the conflict between both parties on the 29th of April, where he was given 10 working days to bring an end to the dispute.
Montalvo was due to present a report of his findings to the joint Ministries of Labour and Public works early this week, but has requested an extension to his allocated time due to the complexity of the problem.
The Government forced both parties to enter arbitration following 12 days of 24 hour strike action being held since December 2011, which had been estimate to have cost the airline around 3 Million Euros per day. A further 20 days of action had been planned to be held each Monday and Friday until the 20th July.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain sees GDP growth of 2.5 pct in 2018, 2019
- Prosecutor will use Manos Limpias arrest to get royal out of fraud trial
- EU intervention sought over UK-Spain Gibraltar airport row
- Spain breaks its own record for joblessness of over 20%
- Bank of Spain sees private consumption growth steady at start of year
- “Human fecal contamination” at origin of bottled water health scare
- Catholic nuns undergo virginity test to prove priest's innocence in sex abuse case
- EU may fine Spain for missing budget targets
- Leader of Manos Limpias union wants to withdraw all court cases
- Civil Guard officer arrested for shooting driver over traffic spat
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained