How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Survey sees Spain slip 4 places in motherhood survey
An annual report of the comparisons in maternity care in different countries throughout the world has revealed how Spain has slipped 4 places down the table.
The study by Save the Children investigates and compares 'motherhood' in a number of countries, taking into account the imapct of Healtcare, Education, Finance and basic childcare.
The report also showed how Spanish women have an average life expectancy of 85 years - equal to that of France and Switzerland, with only Women from Japan having a better life expectancy.
The infant mortality rate of Spain also currently stands at 5 out of every 1'000.
Top 10 countries :
4) New Zealand
Spain, who were placed 12th in 2011, slipped to 16th place this year.
With 16 weeks of statutory maternity leave, Spain falls below France and Portugal, but ahead of Estonia and Switzerland with regards to the amount of maternity leave being granted by the state, but way behind countries like the UK and Denmark where women get 52 weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis