How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Survey sees Spain slip 4 places in motherhood survey
An annual report of the comparisons in maternity care in different countries throughout the world has revealed how Spain has slipped 4 places down the table.
The study by Save the Children investigates and compares 'motherhood' in a number of countries, taking into account the imapct of Healtcare, Education, Finance and basic childcare.
The report also showed how Spanish women have an average life expectancy of 85 years - equal to that of France and Switzerland, with only Women from Japan having a better life expectancy.
The infant mortality rate of Spain also currently stands at 5 out of every 1'000.
Top 10 countries :
4) New Zealand
Spain, who were placed 12th in 2011, slipped to 16th place this year.
With 16 weeks of statutory maternity leave, Spain falls below France and Portugal, but ahead of Estonia and Switzerland with regards to the amount of maternity leave being granted by the state, but way behind countries like the UK and Denmark where women get 52 weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Abertis to list telecoms business
- Spain September retail sales up 1.1% year on year
- Three-Quarters of Spain's fighter jets unable to fly
- 'Thieving, Cheating Gypsies' v Royal Spanish Academy
- Venezuela recalls ambassador to Spain
- Volotea Airlines plans to establish 5 bases in Spain by 2016
- Spain says no going back on AENA IPO
- UN warns Spain on legality of spot deportation of illegal immigrants
- Rajoy : "Sorry for Corruption"
- Spain's ruling PP expels Rodrigo Rato