How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- For Whom the Road Tolls
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
San Javier Airport sees 11pct fall in passengers amid Corvera confusion
Murcia's San Javier airport saw an 11% fall in passengers numbers during the month of April, with figures falling from 126'675 in April 2011 to 112'956. The number of flights fell by 9.3% to reach 1'136 operations.
AENA's network of Spanish airports as a whole saw a 14% decrease in passenger numbers over the same period.
Whilst the on-going economic downturn and recession is likely to have had an effect on the number of tourists wishing to travel to the Murcia region, together with disruption caused by by numerous airline strikes and collapses, the uncertainty surrounding the exact opening date of the new international airport at Corvera is likely to have played it's part.
Until March of this year it was understood that the airport was on schedule to be fully operational by this summer, with San Javier airport preparing plans to to scale back operations. However, the required safety tests were not undertaken until the 28th of April, meaning that commercial flights can not commence until October 2012 at the very earliest.
A number of airlines already have plans to continue flying to San Javier for the Winter 2012 / 2013 season.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- IMF praises Spain's reforms but warns of risks
- Spain to veto Scotland entry to EU ?
- Spain's obsession with the AVE runs into budget reality
- 12 Months since "Castellon Airport open this year" promise
- 12 Months today since "Corvera open by October" Promise
- Spain Property Prices Decelerates Most in Q4 2012
- Spain's ECB bank borrowing falls again in May
- Spain's public debt soars to 88.2 pct of GDP in Q1
- Rajoy calls on ECB to create bank lending scheme for SMEs
- Paramount Murcia Investor files for Bankruptcy