How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 27 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
San Javier Airport sees 11pct fall in passengers amid Corvera confusion
Murcia's San Javier airport saw an 11% fall in passengers numbers during the month of April, with figures falling from 126'675 in April 2011 to 112'956. The number of flights fell by 9.3% to reach 1'136 operations.
AENA's network of Spanish airports as a whole saw a 14% decrease in passenger numbers over the same period.
Whilst the on-going economic downturn and recession is likely to have had an effect on the number of tourists wishing to travel to the Murcia region, together with disruption caused by by numerous airline strikes and collapses, the uncertainty surrounding the exact opening date of the new international airport at Corvera is likely to have played it's part.
Until March of this year it was understood that the airport was on schedule to be fully operational by this summer, with San Javier airport preparing plans to to scale back operations. However, the required safety tests were not undertaken until the 28th of April, meaning that commercial flights can not commence until October 2012 at the very earliest.
A number of airlines already have plans to continue flying to San Javier for the Winter 2012 / 2013 season.
Latest News & Stories
- Bitcoin Exempt From IVA in Spain
- Orange Spain to invest EUR 97 mln in Valencia 4G deployment
- Spain's Bankia Q1 net profit up 12.8 pct
- Anti-fraud law hits Spain's elites
- PM revises up Spanish GDP growth in 2015 to 2.9 pct
- Spanish banks' overseas push reflects doubts on recovery at home
- Spain expects more tourism from Middle-East
- Spain's jobless figures rise slightly in Q1 2015
- Ciudad Real Airport : The Penny Finally Drops...
- Spain to bid for euro zone chair