How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
San Javier Airport sees 11pct fall in passengers amid Corvera confusion
Murcia's San Javier airport saw an 11% fall in passengers numbers during the month of April, with figures falling from 126'675 in April 2011 to 112'956. The number of flights fell by 9.3% to reach 1'136 operations.
AENA's network of Spanish airports as a whole saw a 14% decrease in passenger numbers over the same period.
Whilst the on-going economic downturn and recession is likely to have had an effect on the number of tourists wishing to travel to the Murcia region, together with disruption caused by by numerous airline strikes and collapses, the uncertainty surrounding the exact opening date of the new international airport at Corvera is likely to have played it's part.
Until March of this year it was understood that the airport was on schedule to be fully operational by this summer, with San Javier airport preparing plans to to scale back operations. However, the required safety tests were not undertaken until the 28th of April, meaning that commercial flights can not commence until October 2012 at the very earliest.
A number of airlines already have plans to continue flying to San Javier for the Winter 2012 / 2013 season.
Latest News & Stories
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax