How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- Mr Grumpy : Officially an 'Old Bastard'
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain approves Catalonia regional spending plan
Spain's central government has approved the spending plans for 2012 for the north-eastern region of Catalonia, key to helping the country meet its public deficit targets, a spokeswoman for the region's Economy Ministry told Reuters on Thursday.
The region represents around a 5th of the country's economic output and has passed a tough budget including cuts to education and health system.
"We can confirm that an agreement has been reached with the central government for this year's spending plans," a spokeswoman said.
All 17 highly-devolved Spanish regions were meeting with Treasury Minister Cristobal Montoro to seek approval for their revenue and spending plans for this year or face intervention by the central government.
A source being briefed on the meeting said the budget plan of the small north-western region of Asturias had been rejected by the government.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Spain to Clamp Down on "Tax Havens"
- Bank of Spain Debts Jump in March
- Hunt for those at fault for Spain's bank crisis gains pace
- Spanish Non-Resident Property Tax
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Local / Municipal Taxes