How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 2 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain approves Catalonia regional spending plan
Spain's central government has approved the spending plans for 2012 for the north-eastern region of Catalonia, key to helping the country meet its public deficit targets, a spokeswoman for the region's Economy Ministry told Reuters on Thursday.
The region represents around a 5th of the country's economic output and has passed a tough budget including cuts to education and health system.
"We can confirm that an agreement has been reached with the central government for this year's spending plans," a spokeswoman said.
All 17 highly-devolved Spanish regions were meeting with Treasury Minister Cristobal Montoro to seek approval for their revenue and spending plans for this year or face intervention by the central government.
A source being briefed on the meeting said the budget plan of the small north-western region of Asturias had been rejected by the government.
Latest News & Stories
- Seville church website removes article on “curing” homosexuality
- UK and Spain grant most EU citizenships
- Spain sees unemployment fall for 5th straight month
- Spain brushes off Greek concerns as it hikes growth forecast
- Spain's León Airlines folds after just 8 weeks
- Spanish air traffic controllers call further strikes for July
- Orange Spain Launches Holiday Pre-Paid SIM
- 5 things Spain’s ‘gag law’ will stop you doing from today
- Spain new car sales up 23.5 pct yr/yr in June
- Ryanair petition calls for ban on Spanish ATC stikes
- Spanish Non-Resident Property Tax
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Local / Municipal Taxes