How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 29 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain's Repsol cancels LNG cargoes to Argentina
Spain's Repsol has cancelled its contract to supply Argentina with liquefied natural gas (LNG), just weeks after the country seized control of the energy company's majority stake in YPF, a document obtained by Reuters on Friday showed.
Argentina relies on LNG imports to meet between 20 - 30% of domestic natural gas consumption. Repsol was to supply 10 cargoes to Argentina this year out of 80 from all suppliers to help meet peak demand from June to September.
Argentina's Planning Ministry said Repsol's cargoes had already been replaced by other providers "because we knew they would fail to comply, in the same way they did during all the years they controlled YPF."
Repsol said in a letter to Argentine state energy company Enarsa, dated May 17, that Enarsa had breached the LNG contract by seeking to renegotiate the price of shipments and modify the timetable for deliveries.
Earlier this month, an energy sector source said the Spanish company might halt its LNG sales.
Repsol said Enarsa's conduct and the Argentine government's "unlawful and discriminatory" takeover of YPF showed the country had "no intention of complying with, or continuing to be bound by, the agreement", according to the letter.
No one was available at Enarsa to comment.
Argentina has had difficulties securing LNG supplies due to tough price negotiations.
Latest News & Stories
- Damaged UK Nuclear Submarine Leaves Gibraltar
- Spain Seeks Criminal Charges Against Catalan Parliament
- Shark Attack Closes Costa Blanca Beach
- Spain's Rajoy to start government talks with other parties on Friday
- Expats Urged to Help Find Abductee
- Spainís six leading banks all set to pass the EUís stress tests
- EU Drops Fiscal Fines and Sanctions against Spain
- EU Orders Spain to Recover Rail Test State Aid
- Spain Registers First Zika Virus Birth in Europe
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- The Police in Spain Ė Who they are and their Responsibilities