How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
May 22nd Teacher strike to be joined by Students
Spain's largest teaching unions : The CCOO; ANPE; CSIF; STES and UGT will go ahead with their intention to hold a one-day strike on Tuesday of next week (the 22nd May) in protest over the proposed cuts to the education system.
However, the striking teachers are also expected to receive a show of solidarity by a number of Students Unions, who have joined in with the protest against cuts to the system and rising tuition fees.
Union leaders issued a joint statement earlier this month explaining how the cuts to be applied by the regional and central governments will equate to around 25-30% of the total budget for state education.
A further consequence of the cuts will be that classes sizes are expecetd to increase, with the number of students rising to 30 per class in infant schools; 36 in secondary schools, and as many as 46 in 6th form colleges.
"Functionario" - or temporary teaching staff - are also expected to be reduced in numbers following the revelation that their services will not be called upon until after an absent teacher in a permenant position has been away on sick leave for a period of 2 weeks. Instead, other members of staff at the school will be expected to cover duties until the absent teacher can return to work.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Court Kicks Out Ryanair Unfair dismissal Claim
- Two bank executives win court battle over compensation
- Change in prenup laws could benefit expats
- Europe's regional airports struggle as traffic shifts to hubs
- Amazon opens 1,200 collection points across Spain
- Spain industrial output grows for 3rd straight month in January
- Spain warns of high risk of new Islamist attacks
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Applying For a Student Exchange Program in Spain
- Applying for a Student Visa
- Further Education in Spain
- Applying to Study at University in Spain
- Registering your child for state education in Spain