How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 30 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
May 22nd Teacher strike to be joined by Students
Spain's largest teaching unions : The CCOO; ANPE; CSIF; STES and UGT will go ahead with their intention to hold a one-day strike on Tuesday of next week (the 22nd May) in protest over the proposed cuts to the education system.
However, the striking teachers are also expected to receive a show of solidarity by a number of Students Unions, who have joined in with the protest against cuts to the system and rising tuition fees.
Union leaders issued a joint statement earlier this month explaining how the cuts to be applied by the regional and central governments will equate to around 25-30% of the total budget for state education.
A further consequence of the cuts will be that classes sizes are expecetd to increase, with the number of students rising to 30 per class in infant schools; 36 in secondary schools, and as many as 46 in 6th form colleges.
"Functionario" - or temporary teaching staff - are also expected to be reduced in numbers following the revelation that their services will not be called upon until after an absent teacher in a permenant position has been away on sick leave for a period of 2 weeks. Instead, other members of staff at the school will be expected to cover duties until the absent teacher can return to work.
Latest News & Stories
- Lycamobile teams up with Telefonica to launch 4G in Spain
- Zara founder to spend EU320 Mln on breast cancer-screening for Spanish hospitals
- As Brexit rolls on, applications from Britons for Spanish citizenship surge
- 2.5 Million Passengers per year to arrive at Murcia's Corvera Airport
- Spain PM pledges EU 4.2 Bln investment in Catalonia
- Spain's growth may top 2.5 percent for next two to four years - minister
- Spain’s Social Security shortfall rises to €18.6 billion in 2016
- Ryanair announce new flights to Spain from Newcastle
- Spain's Jazztel to increase fibre speed to 300Mbps
- Spanish government will have enough support to pass budget - minister
- Applying For a Student Exchange Program in Spain
- Applying for a Student Visa
- Further Education in Spain
- Applying to Study at University in Spain
- Registering your child for state education in Spain