How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 1 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
May 22nd Teacher strike to be joined by Students
Spain's largest teaching unions : The CCOO; ANPE; CSIF; STES and UGT will go ahead with their intention to hold a one-day strike on Tuesday of next week (the 22nd May) in protest over the proposed cuts to the education system.
However, the striking teachers are also expected to receive a show of solidarity by a number of Students Unions, who have joined in with the protest against cuts to the system and rising tuition fees.
Union leaders issued a joint statement earlier this month explaining how the cuts to be applied by the regional and central governments will equate to around 25-30% of the total budget for state education.
A further consequence of the cuts will be that classes sizes are expecetd to increase, with the number of students rising to 30 per class in infant schools; 36 in secondary schools, and as many as 46 in 6th form colleges.
"Functionario" - or temporary teaching staff - are also expected to be reduced in numbers following the revelation that their services will not be called upon until after an absent teacher in a permenant position has been away on sick leave for a period of 2 weeks. Instead, other members of staff at the school will be expected to cover duties until the absent teacher can return to work.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's León Airlines folds after just 8 weeks
- Spanish air traffic controllers call further strikes for July
- Orange Spain Launches Holiday Pre-Paid SIM
- 5 things Spain’s ‘gag law’ will stop you doing from today
- Spain new car sales up 23.5 pct yr/yr in June
- Ryanair petition calls for ban on Spanish ATC stikes
- "Greek exit could send message Euro is reversible" : Rajoy
- Russian Mafia Operated Out Of Spain For Over A Decade: Prosecutors
- Apple Watch goes on sale in Spain for more than in France and Germany
- Loan to support nationwide rollout of ERTMS in Spain
- Applying For a Student Exchange Program in Spain
- Applying for a Student Visa
- Further Education in Spain
- Applying to Study at University in Spain
- Registering your child for state education in Spain