How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain Bailout 'Inevitable'
Dominic Rossi, chief investment officer for equities at Fidelity Worldwide Investment, has spoken of his belief that Spain is about to witness a run on a number of Banks, and that a bailout is inevitable.
"I don't think it will be long before Spain will need to seek official assistance in the recapitalisation of its banks from both the European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund." he said.
Rossi went on predict some of the measures that may be taken by the government in an attempt to prevent such a requirement "Spain has a lot of assets outside of the country which can be sold and certainly I suspect some of those assets will come on to the market in order to recapitalise the banks before this is all over."
However, Greece leaving the euro would be a good thing for Spain, and to a lesser extent Italy, as it would allow them to recieve further support from fellow euro-zone counties.
Rossi was also critical of the government for failing to take control of the situation sooner "I still don't understand why there was from the very start this perception that it's impossible for a nation state within the eurozone to go bust. But once you get on to the slippery slope of support then it's very difficult to get off that."
Latest News & Stories
- Earthquakes hit Southern Spain
- Gibraltar dismisses Spain’s ‘fanciful’ tax claims
- 1 Year Since Paramount Murcia Promise
- Spain sees EU130 Mln in aid to Canary tomatoes in 5 years
- Number of Foreign Students Studying in Spain Falls
- Spanish cigarette sales plummet 50% in last 5 years
- Euro zone trade surplus rises more than expected in June
- Spain rules Gay man has no right to partner's pension
- Spain's bad loans ratio slips to 13.1% in June
- The Yorkshireman introducing Rugby League to Spain
- What is the Euribor ?
- Applying for a Business Loan
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage
- Bank Charges in Spain