How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 28 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Minister suggests investors consider Uruguay as alternative to Argentina
Spain's Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, José Manuel García Margallo, has criticised Argentina's recent expropriation of YPF and said how there is not enough legal security in the country to attract further foreign investment.
Spain's ambassador in Montevideo, Roberto Varela, also said how Uruguay may present an attractive alternative for Spanish companies and that Repsol is already investigating the possibility of investing in the country.
The Minister told the press how “Investors will be thinking twice before going to Argentina" and that "Argentina’s decision is not the best kind of advertisement if you want to lure investment... people will be thinking twice before investing again in Argentina" he added.
However, speaking about the potential of investment in Uruguay, Garcia Margallo added that “President Mariano Rajoy believes that you cannot judge an entire region based on the behaviour of just one country."
Latest News & Stories
- Spain 3rd most popular destination for expat Brits
- Spanish air traffic controllers call four partial strikes
- Spain revises percentage of population at risk of poverty to 29%
- Spain overturns Andalusian anti-eviction law
- Amazon starts paying Spanish corporate tax on retail sales
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps
- Catalan Independence Bid Hit by Podemos’s Barcelona Win
- Spain's ruling PP gets worst local election result in 20 years
- Spain bans ‘Indignados’ march planned for Saturday in Madrid