How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Rajoy : "Spain says no to Bailout"
Spain has no intention of seeking bailout funds for the country's troubled banks, PM Mariano Rajoy said after meeting new French President Francois Hollande in Paris to discuss policy on Wednesday.
Rajoy also said the current cost of borrowing was unsustainable and that doubts over the euro must be dissipated.
The two will travel to Brussels for a European Union summit at 1800 GMT, where minds will be focused by the prospect of Greece exiting the currency area.
Rajoy later told the press that the best option for Greece and for the rest of Europe is for the country to stay in the euro monetary union.
"I simply hope that the euro group doesn't have a lot of work to do on this and that Greece stays in the euro. I sincerely think that is the best for Greece and for Europe," Rajoy said after meeting new French President Francois Hollande in Paris to discuss policy.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Currency Exchange Jargon Explained
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage