How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 27 August 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Nissan Invests €100 Million in Spain
Nissan, Japan’s 2nd biggest carmaker, said it’s investing €100 million euros at a plant in Barcelona making electric vehicles, creating 700 jobs.
Production of the e-NV200 model starts next year and becomes the second fully electric vehicle produced at the plant, according to an e-mailed statement today from Nissan. Nissan also produces the Leaf electric car and aims to be the biggest producer of light commercial vehicles by 2016.
“The new model will offer all the spaciousness, versatility and practicality of a traditionally powered compact van, but with zero CO2 emissions,” Andy Palmer, executive vice president for Nissan, said in the statement today.
The new model is based on the existing NV200 van in production, which has sold about 100,000 units. The jobs will be both at the Nissan plant and with local suppliers.
Plug-in hybrids and all-electric vehicles have the potential to make up 9% of auto sales in 2020, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance. That could rise to 22% of sales by 2030, or 4 million vehicles.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain confident its Gibraltar tough policy is 'bearing fruit' and will continue
- Spain accuses suspect of running Islamic State network Morocco
- Consumption drives Spanish economy to grow in Q2
- Separatist says independent Catalonia would leave EU temporarily
- La Tomatina sets record on 70th Birthday
- Catalan citizenship offer enrages authorities in Valencia and Aragon
- Rajoy : "China volatility will not affect Spain forecasts"
- Spain, Morocco arrest 14 suspected of recruiting for ISIS
- Mosquito Virus Detected In Spain
- Disruptive Passenger Billed £2.7k for Flight Delay Cost
- How to Apply for a Spanish Driving Licence
- Buying a Car in Spain
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain