How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 24 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Nissan Invests 100 Million in Spain
Nissan, Japan's 2nd biggest carmaker, said it's investing 100 million euros at a plant in Barcelona making electric vehicles, creating 700 jobs.
Production of the e-NV200 model starts next year and becomes the second fully electric vehicle produced at the plant, according to an e-mailed statement today from Nissan. Nissan also produces the Leaf electric car and aims to be the biggest producer of light commercial vehicles by 2016.
"The new model will offer all the spaciousness, versatility and practicality of a traditionally powered compact van, but with zero CO2 emissions," Andy Palmer, executive vice president for Nissan, said in the statement today.
The new model is based on the existing NV200 van in production, which has sold about 100,000 units. The jobs will be both at the Nissan plant and with local suppliers.
Plug-in hybrids and all-electric vehicles have the potential to make up 9% of auto sales in 2020, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance. That could rise to 22% of sales by 2030, or 4 million vehicles.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces 30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the worlds 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- How to Apply for a Spanish Driving Licence
- Buying a Car in Spain
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain