How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 27 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
DGT to award extra points for careful drivers
The website of the Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT) has announced that extra points may be awarded to careful drivers.
As from the 1st of July, 3 extra points may be awarded to holders of a Spanish driving licence who have held the full complement of 12 points (the Spanish system deducts points for driving infractions as opposed to the UK system, which adds them) since 2006.
Of the 26 million estimated drivers in Spain, around 16 million are expected to benefit from the award of 3 extra points - taking their total up to 15.
Just 20% of Spanish drivers have had points deducted over the last 5 years.
Latest News & Stories
- Happy 4th Birthday Castellon Airport !
- Telefónica to triple Spain's ADSL speeds before summer
- None of Spain's AVE high-speed rail lines profitable
- Spain launches new EU153 Mln smart city initiative
- Bank of Spain expects 2.8% growth in Q1
- Orange Spain unveils new 'smartphone to landline' app
- Spain's narrows budget deficit in 2014
- FCO Reveals Ridiculous Expat Requests
- Spain's vehicle production up 10.56% in Feb.
- Orange Spain collects used smartphones for Unicef project
- Motoring & parking fines and how to pay them
- Taking the Spanish Driving Test
- Spanish Drink Driving Laws
- How to Apply for a Spanish Driving Licence