How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 25 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
DGT to award extra points for careful drivers
The website of the Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT) has announced that extra points may be awarded to careful drivers.
As from the 1st of July, 3 extra points may be awarded to holders of a Spanish driving licence who have held the full complement of 12 points (the Spanish system deducts points for driving infractions as opposed to the UK system, which adds them) since 2006.
Of the 26 million estimated drivers in Spain, around 16 million are expected to benefit from the award of 3 extra points - taking their total up to 15.
Just 20% of Spanish drivers have had points deducted over the last 5 years.
Latest News & Stories
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Vodafone Spain service revenues up for 1st time since 2008
- Manifesto calls on politicians to avoid third election
- Spain’s Audit Office says €300 million a year being paid to deceased pensioners
- New flights announced Birmingham - Spain
- Spain to Ask EU for Two Additional Years to Reduce Budget Deficit
- Spain demands explanation over British nuclear submarine collision off Gibraltar
- Spain’s King Felipe gives Rajoy 1 week to form government
- What does Brexit mean for Expats in/from the UK and the EU ?
- Motoring & parking fines and how to pay them
- Taking the Spanish Driving Test
- Spanish Drink Driving Laws
- How to Apply for a Spanish Driving Licence