How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 30 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain tells Eurovision entry to throw the event
The countdown to the Grand Final of Eurovision 2012 is underway.
The 56th Eurovision song contest final kicks off at 20.00 hrs GMT tonight, held in a city that nobody has previously heard of, and in a country that isn't really in Europe anyway.
The fact that 75 year old Grannies favourite, Engelbert Humperdink, has been wheeled out of the retirement home to represent the Uk demonstrates just how seriously the UK is taking the tournament.
Spain, on the other hand, has apparently instructed Pastor Soller not to win the event, given that they can not afford to host the contest in 2013.
"If we won" Soler told reporters, "I think it would be impossible to stage the next edition because it costs so much money."
She continued to mention how a meeting over her entry "Quédate conmigo (Stay With Me)", in which directors of the Spanish public television network TVE, nervously joked to the singer, "please, don't win!"
Latest News & Stories
- Iberdrola Announces 8 Million Smart Meters Installed In Spain
- No is no, Socialist nominee tells Spanish PM at brief meeting
- Twitter Spain launches Rajoy emoji
- Spain's Socialists say no to Rajoy, prolonging political deadlock
- Spain sees Tourist spend per head at 15 year low
- Spanish Jihadist chatter on the rise say experts, with sights set on Spain
- Spain starts countdown to possible third national election in year
- 1,785 Spanish Drivers apprehended for Drink and Drugs in 3 days
- Spanish retail sales rise 4.9% on year in July
- Vodafone Spain to offer fibre in 750,000 more homes by Dec