How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain tells Eurovision entry to throw the event
The countdown to the Grand Final of Eurovision 2012 is underway.
The 56th Eurovision song contest final kicks off at 20.00 hrs GMT tonight, held in a city that nobody has previously heard of, and in a country that isn't really in Europe anyway.
The fact that 75 year old Grannies favourite, Engelbert Humperdink, has been wheeled out of the retirement home to represent the Uk demonstrates just how seriously the UK is taking the tournament.
Spain, on the other hand, has apparently instructed Pastor Soller not to win the event, given that they can not afford to host the contest in 2013.
“If we won” Soler told reporters, “I think it would be impossible to stage the next edition because it costs so much money.”
She continued to mention how a meeting over her entry “Quédate conmigo (Stay With Me)”, in which directors of the Spanish public television network TVE, nervously joked to the singer, “please, don’t win!”
Latest News & Stories
- Spain defends Canary Island oil proposal
- Fitch Affirms Spain at 'BBB+' Outlook Stable
- Spain's Bankia 9 month forecast up 93%
- Why Spain's Poor Fear Goldman Sachs : Report
- How Spain's Social Housing Imploded
- Spain's AENA prospectus filing postponed
- Spain Sees Cost of Petrol and Diesel Fall
- Spanish Students Protest for 3 Consecutive Days
- Spain's Bankinter profit up 31.6%
- Bank of Spain sees Q3 GDP growth at 0.5 pct q/q