How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 26 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Telefonica Announce Plans For German IPO
A deepening Eurozone crisis, Telefonica'a rising debt mountain and the threat of further credit downgrades have forced Telefonica to announce plans of listing it's German business on the stock market.
According to Rueters, Telefonica need to raise 7-8 billion euros a year through 2015 to cope with debt maturities and is also struggling with sinking revenue and profits in its home market of Spain.
Standard & Poor's downgraded the company's debt to 'BBB' on May 24, citing intense pressure in Spain, and Moody's placed Telefonica on review for downgrade.
Carlos Winzer, credit analyst at Moody's, said the agency would continue its review process on Telefonica and welcomed the debt-cutting measures.
Telefonica have a mountain to climb, but essentially confidence is waning as better prices are available elsewhere combined with excellent customer service from it's competitors, something Telefonica have struggled to get a grasp of and signaled as they were again awarded Worst Company in Spain earlier this year via their complicated business structure brand Movistar.
Latest News & Stories
- Vodafone Spain to offer fibre in 750,000 more homes by Dec
- Spanish economy powers ahead as politicians dither
- Socialists to propose law change in bid to avoid Christmas Day elections
- Vodafone Spain expands 4G roaming to 100 countries
- Public works contracts fall by 20% due to political impasse and deficit reduction
- 24 arrested in Spain in joint EU operation against child pornography
- PP accepts Ciudadanos’ demand for further-reaching corruption measures
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages
- Over 204,000 Moroccans Affiliated to Spanish Social Security
- Spain's Yoigo gains 19,900 mobile lines in July