How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 24 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Telefonica Announce Plans For German IPO
A deepening Eurozone crisis, Telefonica'a rising debt mountain and the threat of further credit downgrades have forced Telefonica to announce plans of listing it's German business on the stock market.
According to Rueters, Telefonica need to raise 7-8 billion euros a year through 2015 to cope with debt maturities and is also struggling with sinking revenue and profits in its home market of Spain.
Standard & Poor's downgraded the company's debt to 'BBB' on May 24, citing intense pressure in Spain, and Moody's placed Telefonica on review for downgrade.
Carlos Winzer, credit analyst at Moody's, said the agency would continue its review process on Telefonica and welcomed the debt-cutting measures.
Telefonica have a mountain to climb, but essentially confidence is waning as better prices are available elsewhere combined with excellent customer service from it's competitors, something Telefonica have struggled to get a grasp of and signaled as they were again awarded Worst Company in Spain earlier this year via their complicated business structure brand Movistar.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's jobless figures rise slightly in Q1 2015
- Ciudad Real Airport : The Penny Finally Drops...
- Spain to bid for euro zone chair
- Spain's Caixabank beats profit forecast in Q1
- Spain's Bankinter Q1 profit up 45 pct
- Your Spanish bank account may be blocked if you donít hand in your ID
- Retired Expats Must Prove They Are Not Dead
- Stag party causes chaos on Glasgow-Alicante flight
- Tax Agency uncovers Ä20 billion of Spanish capital in Switzerland
- Spanish GDP will not return to pre-crisis levels until 2017 : IMF