How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 11 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain grants first round of online gaming licences
Following delays surrounding the eleventh-hour demand for companies to pay 4 years of retrospective taxes, the Spanish government has finally granted its first phase of licences for online gaming operators.
However, despite around 60 such companies having applied for a licence those granted in the first phase include likes of bwin.party, Sportingbet and 888 who between them paid a total of €50 million in back taxes at the end of last month.
Just last week, Sportingbet paid €17.2m in back taxes for the period between January 2009 and May 2012, with 888 also completing a self-assessment tax return and paying €8.7 million.
The world's No.1 online gaming company Bwin.party which paid a total of €33.6 million in back taxes for its Spanish operation between January 2009 and May 2011.
During 2011 Spain accounted for 4% of bwin.party's market and now the company worth £985.12 million is waiting to enter the newly regulated the lucrative market next week.
Last week Sportingbet shares rose 0.84% to 30p, bwin.party shares are up 0.58% to 120.70p, with 888 shares trading down 2.08% at 67.57.
Latest News & Stories
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015
- 2 New cases of Zika in Spain brings total to 9
- Spain housing sales rise 11.1 percent in 2015 y/y
- Session to name Spain’s next PM may take place in early March
- Podemos deputies to be moved from “nosebleed section” of Congress
- Spanish 2016 growth could be less than forecast
- Spain shelves case against former ally of Mexican president
- Spain's Princess Cristina returns to court in tax fraud trial
- Olive oil prices jumped almost 20% in 2015
- IBM Spain to withdraw redundancy plan