How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain grants first round of online gaming licences
Following delays surrounding the eleventh-hour demand for companies to pay 4 years of retrospective taxes, the Spanish government has finally granted its first phase of licences for online gaming operators.
However, despite around 60 such companies having applied for a licence those granted in the first phase include likes of bwin.party, Sportingbet and 888 who between them paid a total of €50 million in back taxes at the end of last month.
Just last week, Sportingbet paid €17.2m in back taxes for the period between January 2009 and May 2012, with 888 also completing a self-assessment tax return and paying €8.7 million.
The world's No.1 online gaming company Bwin.party which paid a total of €33.6 million in back taxes for its Spanish operation between January 2009 and May 2011.
During 2011 Spain accounted for 4% of bwin.party's market and now the company worth £985.12 million is waiting to enter the newly regulated the lucrative market next week.
Last week Sportingbet shares rose 0.84% to 30p, bwin.party shares are up 0.58% to 120.70p, with 888 shares trading down 2.08% at 67.57.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now