How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain grants first round of online gaming licences
Following delays surrounding the eleventh-hour demand for companies to pay 4 years of retrospective taxes, the Spanish government has finally granted its first phase of licences for online gaming operators.
However, despite around 60 such companies having applied for a licence those granted in the first phase include likes of bwin.party, Sportingbet and 888 who between them paid a total of €50 million in back taxes at the end of last month.
Just last week, Sportingbet paid €17.2m in back taxes for the period between January 2009 and May 2012, with 888 also completing a self-assessment tax return and paying €8.7 million.
The world’s No.1 online gaming company Bwin.party which paid a total of €33.6 million in back taxes for its Spanish operation between January 2009 and May 2011.
During 2011 Spain accounted for 4% of bwin.party’s market and now the company worth £985.12 million is waiting to enter the newly regulated the lucrative market next week.
Last week Sportingbet shares rose 0.84% to 30p, bwin.party shares are up 0.58% to 120.70p, with 888 shares trading down 2.08% at 67.57.
Latest News & Stories
- EC Approves Murcia's Corvera Loan - With Conditions
- Spain train driver apologizes on anniversary of crash
- Spain's Caixabank bad debts fall as recovery takes hold
- UK flight to Spain makes emergency landing after lightning strike
- Vodafone revenue dragged lower by Spain
- Spanish Royals' plane food budget to double
- Spain congratulates new UK FM and calls for "Dialogue on Gibraltar"
- Could a Scottish Yes vote derail Spain's fragile recovery?
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Spain unemployment falls to lowest in 2 years