How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
National Day of Murcia : What's to Celebrate ?
Saturday the 9th of June is the 'Dia de Murcia' - a day when the region comes together to celebrate their regional identity - and is particularly poignant this year as it marks the 30th anniversary of Murcia recieving official recognition for it's status as an Autonomous Community.
Although the region has been the focus of a number of contraversial major projects over the last 12 months it is perhaps the Reconstruction of Lorca , the delay of the AVE High Speed Rail Link , the construction of the Paramount Theme Park and the completetion of Corvera International Airport that have never been far from the front pages of the press - usually for all the wrong reasons.
It is therefore to be expected that the people of Murcia - and those of Spain as whole - will take this opportunity to ask when (and if) any of these major projects will be brought to completion and delivery the many benefits to the region that have long been promised.
Never one to shy away from any opportunity for publicity, Ryanair have also marked the occassion by launching an offer for flights from 11 routes to Murcia's San Javier Airport for 30.99 Euros for every Monday Thursday in July and August.
Although the airline's Head of Marketing for Spain claimed that tomorrow's offer was to celebrate Murcia's Fiesta day in conjunction with commemorating the 30 year anniversary of San Javier airport, Tumbit can't help but feel that Ryanair are using this as an opportunity to rattle the sabre infront of Aeromur and the consortium behind Corvera airport.
Latest News & Stories
- Fire service agreed for Castellon Airport
- Paramount Murcia jumps another hurdle
- Eroski Spain in EU2.6 Bln debt restructuring deal
- Spain's Manufacturing Sector Growth Continues But Pace Slows
- UN gives Spain 90 days to explain Franco era crimes
- Doorstep lender eyes on Spanish market
- New smartphones launched into Spanish market
- Spain seeks to attract more foreign students
- Telefonica shows some turnaround signs in Spain
- Paternity suit for Spain's ex-king
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- What to do when your Off Plan development is behind schedule
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain