How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 28 August 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
National Day of Murcia : What's to Celebrate ?
Saturday the 9th of June is the 'Dia de Murcia' - a day when the region comes together to celebrate their regional identity - and is particularly poignant this year as it marks the 30th anniversary of Murcia recieving official recognition for it's status as an Autonomous Community.
Although the region has been the focus of a number of contraversial major projects over the last 12 months it is perhaps the Reconstruction of Lorca , the delay of the AVE High Speed Rail Link , the construction of the Paramount Theme Park and the completetion of Corvera International Airport that have never been far from the front pages of the press - usually for all the wrong reasons.
It is therefore to be expected that the people of Murcia - and those of Spain as whole - will take this opportunity to ask when (and if) any of these major projects will be brought to completion and delivery the many benefits to the region that have long been promised.
Never one to shy away from any opportunity for publicity, Ryanair have also marked the occassion by launching an offer for flights from 11 routes to Murcia's San Javier Airport for 30.99 Euros for every Monday Thursday in July and August.
Although the airline's Head of Marketing for Spain claimed that tomorrow's offer was to celebrate Murcia's Fiesta day in conjunction with commemorating the 30 year anniversary of San Javier airport, Tumbit can't help but feel that Ryanair are using this as an opportunity to rattle the sabre infront of Aeromur and the consortium behind Corvera airport.
Latest News & Stories
- Guardia raids ruling Catalan party over illegal commissions
- Spain confident its Gibraltar tough policy is 'bearing fruit' and will continue
- Spain accuses suspect of running Islamic State network Morocco
- Consumption drives Spanish economy to grow in Q2
- Separatist says independent Catalonia would leave EU temporarily
- La Tomatina sets record on 70th Birthday
- Catalan citizenship offer enrages authorities in Valencia and Aragon
- Rajoy : "China volatility will not affect Spain forecasts"
- Spain, Morocco arrest 14 suspected of recruiting for ISIS
- Mosquito Virus Detected In Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- What to do when your Off Plan development is behind schedule
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain