How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
CLICK HERE to find out more...
- For Whom the Road Tolls
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
National Day of Murcia : What's to Celebrate ?
Saturday the 9th of June is the 'Dia de Murcia' - a day when the region comes together to celebrate their regional identity - and is particularly poignant this year as it marks the 30th anniversary of Murcia recieving official recognition for it's status as an Autonomous Community.
Although the region has been the focus of a number of contraversial major projects over the last 12 months it is perhaps the Reconstruction of Lorca , the delay of the AVE High Speed Rail Link , the construction of the Paramount Theme Park and the completetion of Corvera International Airport that have never been far from the front pages of the press - usually for all the wrong reasons.
It is therefore to be expected that the people of Murcia - and those of Spain as whole - will take this opportunity to ask when (and if) any of these major projects will be brought to completion and delivery the many benefits to the region that have long been promised.
Never one to shy away from any opportunity for publicity, Ryanair have also marked the occassion by launching an offer for flights from 11 routes to Murcia's San Javier Airport for 30.99 Euros for every Monday Thursday in July and August.
Although the airline's Head of Marketing for Spain claimed that tomorrow's offer was to celebrate Murcia's Fiesta day in conjunction with commemorating the 30 year anniversary of San Javier airport, Tumbit can't help but feel that Ryanair are using this as an opportunity to rattle the sabre infront of Aeromur and the consortium behind Corvera airport.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to veto Scotland entry to EU ?
- Spain's obsession with the AVE runs into budget reality
- 12 Months since "Castellon Airport open this year" promise
- 12 Months today since "Corvera open by October" Promise
- Spain Property Prices Decelerates Most in Q4 2012
- Spain's ECB bank borrowing falls again in May
- Spain's public debt soars to 88.2 pct of GDP in Q1
- Rajoy calls on ECB to create bank lending scheme for SMEs
- Paramount Murcia Investor files for Bankruptcy
- Questions asked over Castellon Airport Firetrucks
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- What to do when your Off Plan development is behind schedule
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain