How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Increase in Spanish cycling accidents linked to recession ?
The Mapfre Foundation Institute for Road Safety has published a report, which shows how Spain is the worst offending country for the fatality of road cyclists involved in road accidents.
Over the course of 2010 a total of 67 fatalities occurred on Spain's roads, representing an increase of more than 20% on the previous year. A further 564 cyclists also obtained 'serious injuries' as result of being involved in road traffic accidents.
The majority of the fatalities involved accidents on highways.
Alfonso Triviño, spokesman for the Professional Cyclists Association, noted that the increase in fatalities corresponded with the economic troubles that the country is currently contending with : "The crisis has forced people to ride to work on bicycles and the politicians still don't understand the need to build bike lanes".
Ireland, Latvia and Belgium fell behind Spain in the survey, but cyclist deaths in those countries were attributed mostly to bad weather rather than being road traffic accidents.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain’s struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- Mopeds and Motorcycles in Spain