How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 27 November 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Increase in Spanish cycling accidents linked to recession ?
The Mapfre Foundation Institute for Road Safety has published a report, which shows how Spain is the worst offending country for the fatality of road cyclists involved in road accidents.
Over the course of 2010 a total of 67 fatalities occurred on Spain's roads, representing an increase of more than 20% on the previous year. A further 564 cyclists also obtained 'serious injuries' as result of being involved in road traffic accidents.
The majority of the fatalities involved accidents on highways.
Alfonso Triviño, spokesman for the Professional Cyclists Association, noted that the increase in fatalities corresponded with the economic troubles that the country is currently contending with : “The crisis has forced people to ride to work on bicycles and the politicians still don’t understand the need to build bike lanes".
Ireland, Latvia and Belgium fell behind Spain in the survey, but cyclist deaths in those countries were attributed mostly to bad weather rather than being road traffic accidents.
Latest News & Stories
- Rajoy: “There is no such thing as generalized corruption in Spain”
- Spain allocates EU52 Mln for rural broadband deployment
- Spain Experts Prepare Stem Cell Transplant against HIV
- Rajoy to declare new anti-corruption law
- Spain Hosts China - Catalonia Tourism Meeting
- Spanish region bans use of smartphones in schools
- Spain hands EU21 Mln aid to gaming industry
- Spain's health minister resigns
- 70% of UK Expats in Spain 'Lifers'
- Spain's public deficit to September falls from year-ago period
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- Mopeds and Motorcycles in Spain