How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 29 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Corvera Airport 'Operational by October'
The president of Murcia, Ramón Luis Valcárcel, spoke to the regional parliament last week, where he told the assembly that he was not prepared to make further cuts in public spending, but that as a consequence of this, certain projects may need to be 'downsized'.
It is fair to assume that the reconstruction of the town of Lorca and the regional government's involvement in the financing of Corvera International airport will be affected in some way, in addition to further projects in the region.
On Lorca, the President commented that the region "had to hasten the arrival of aid, so arranged this by means of arranging a loan of 115 million Euros", and rejected criticism that less than half of this amount had actually been spent to date or could be accounted for.
The President also rejected criticism of Corvera airport, saying how the Public-Private initiative was a business model that was still in the best interests of the airport. He also confirmed that when he called central government some weeks ago following claims that the airport was in breach of a number of environmental regulations that "they had no knowledge of this".
Towards the end of his speech the President maintained that the airport was on course to be operational by October.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Rajoy to start government talks with other parties on Friday
- Expats Urged to Help Find Abductee
- Spain’s six leading banks all set to pass the EU’s stress tests
- EU Drops Fiscal Fines and Sanctions against Spain
- EU Orders Spain to Recover Rail Test State Aid
- Spain Registers First Zika Virus Birth in Europe
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Trains in Spain
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain