How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Corvera Airport 'Operational by October'
The president of Murcia, Ramón Luis Valcárcel, spoke to the regional parliament last week, where he told the assembly that he was not prepared to make further cuts in public spending, but that as a consequence of this, certain projects may need to be 'downsized'.
It is fair to assume that the reconstruction of the town of Lorca and the regional government's involvement in the financing of Corvera International airport will be affected in some way, in addition to further projects in the region.
On Lorca, the President commented that the region "had to hasten the arrival of aid, so arranged this by means of arranging a loan of 115 million Euros", and rejected criticism that less than half of this amount had actually been spent to date or could be accounted for.
The President also rejected criticism of Corvera airport, saying how the Public-Private initiative was a business model that was still in the best interests of the airport. He also confirmed that when he called central government some weeks ago following claims that the airport was in breach of a number of environmental regulations that "they had no knowledge of this".
Towards the end of his speech the President maintained that the airport was on course to be operational by October.
Latest News & Stories
- Earthquakes hit Southern Spain
- Gibraltar dismisses Spain’s ‘fanciful’ tax claims
- 1 Year Since Paramount Murcia Promise
- Spain sees EU130 Mln in aid to Canary tomatoes in 5 years
- Number of Foreign Students Studying in Spain Falls
- Spanish cigarette sales plummet 50% in last 5 years
- Euro zone trade surplus rises more than expected in June
- Spain rules Gay man has no right to partner's pension
- Spain's bad loans ratio slips to 13.1% in June
- The Yorkshireman introducing Rugby League to Spain
- Trains in Spain
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain