How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Corvera Airport 'Operational by October'
The president of Murcia, Ramón Luis Valcárcel, spoke to the regional parliament last week, where he told the assembly that he was not prepared to make further cuts in public spending, but that as a consequence of this, certain projects may need to be 'downsized'.
It is fair to assume that the reconstruction of the town of Lorca and the regional government's involvement in the financing of Corvera International airport will be affected in some way, in addition to further projects in the region.
On Lorca, the President commented that the region "had to hasten the arrival of aid, so arranged this by means of arranging a loan of 115 million Euros", and rejected criticism that less than half of this amount had actually been spent to date or could be accounted for.
The President also rejected criticism of Corvera airport, saying how the Public-Private initiative was a business model that was still in the best interests of the airport. He also confirmed that when he called central government some weeks ago following claims that the airport was in breach of a number of environmental regulations that "they had no knowledge of this".
Towards the end of his speech the President maintained that the airport was on course to be operational by October.
Latest News & Stories
- EC Approves Murcia's Corvera Loan - With Conditions
- Spain train driver apologizes on anniversary of crash
- Spain's Caixabank bad debts fall as recovery takes hold
- UK flight to Spain makes emergency landing after lightning strike
- Vodafone revenue dragged lower by Spain
- Spanish Royals' plane food budget to double
- Spain congratulates new UK FM and calls for "Dialogue on Gibraltar"
- Could a Scottish Yes vote derail Spain's fragile recovery?
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Spain unemployment falls to lowest in 2 years
- Trains in Spain
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain