How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 3 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain Bailout Short Lived Relief
After the news of Spain's €100m bailout from Europe over the weekend, Monday's markets across the world rose as some confidence began to return to the striken peninsula.
However, the vicious circle of sovereign and bank debt problems is unlikely to be broken as fears that further downgrades of Spain's credit rating will be inevitable pushing up borrowng costs even further and forcing financial institutions to heavily discount assets in return for loans from the ECB.
Spain currently only has one A credit rating left (A3) with Moody's Inverstor Service. If it should be downgraded the effects could be devastating and push Spain into much deeper problems.
Currently Spanish bonds are already hard to sell even after being heavily discounted. The problem is that Spanish banks have always bought Spanish bonds from the government, but most banks are now offloading them to raise capital and ultimately flooding the market.
Steadying the markets won't be easy as more and more investors are shifting away from Spain into safer havens such as the UK.
Economies around the world have their eyes firmly fixed on Europe as it appears the bloc is at the centre of the worldwide economic downturn of 2012 and any reversal back to growth will need to begin in Europe.
- Insurance - Ibex Insurance
- Currency - MoneyCorp
- QROPS and Pensions - Premier Pension Solutions SL
- Investments - Premier Pension Solutions SL
- Tax - Wincham Consultants Limited
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to work with big utilities on tariff debt relief
- Spain’s desperation: 20,000 apply for 400 IKEA jobs
- Spain Considers Catalan Compensation Tax
- Spain's consumer confidence improving
- Spain's SAREB to sell portfolio at 46% discount
- Spanish unemployment falls slightly in November
- Blackberry Market Share Plummets in Spain
- Spain plummets 10 places in global corruption index
- Spain Bans Drivers From Using Mobiles on Trains
- Nationalist regional parties to snub Spanish Constitution Day