How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 27 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain Bailout Short Lived Relief
After the news of Spain's €100m bailout from Europe over the weekend, Monday's markets across the world rose as some confidence began to return to the striken peninsula.
However, the vicious circle of sovereign and bank debt problems is unlikely to be broken as fears that further downgrades of Spain's credit rating will be inevitable pushing up borrowng costs even further and forcing financial institutions to heavily discount assets in return for loans from the ECB.
Spain currently only has one A credit rating left (A3) with Moody's Inverstor Service. If it should be downgraded the effects could be devastating and push Spain into much deeper problems.
Currently Spanish bonds are already hard to sell even after being heavily discounted. The problem is that Spanish banks have always bought Spanish bonds from the government, but most banks are now offloading them to raise capital and ultimately flooding the market.
Steadying the markets won't be easy as more and more investors are shifting away from Spain into safer havens such as the UK.
Economies around the world have their eyes firmly fixed on Europe as it appears the bloc is at the centre of the worldwide economic downturn of 2012 and any reversal back to growth will need to begin in Europe.
- Insurance - Ibex Insurance
- Currency - MoneyCorp
- QROPS and Pensions - Premier Pension Solutions SL
- Investments - Premier Pension Solutions SL
- Tax - Wincham Consultants Limited
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish banks' overseas push reflects doubts on recovery at home
- Spain expects more tourism from Middle-East
- Spain's jobless figures rise slightly in Q1 2015
- Ciudad Real Airport : The Penny Finally Drops...
- Spain to bid for euro zone chair
- Spain's Caixabank beats profit forecast in Q1
- Spain's Bankinter Q1 profit up 45 pct
- Your Spanish bank account may be blocked if you don’t hand in your ID
- Retired Expats Must Prove They Are Not Dead
- Stag party causes chaos on Glasgow-Alicante flight