How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 12 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Red Cross report that Spanish grandparents are financial lifeline for families
A report by the Red Cross in Catalonia has revealed that grandparents in the region have become an important resource for family members who have been left without a job and have no other sources of income.
The report, entitled "The impact of the crisis on the elderly", states that 30% of people aged over 65 have been helping at least one family member make ends meet over the past 2 years. Josep Marquès, the Red Cross chapter's president, called on the government not to make any severe cutbacks that would affect the elderly.
Red Cross officials took a survey of 510 elderly people who use the humanitarian organization's services. Of the 603,932 unemployed people in Catalonia, around 204,000 have seen their jobless benefits run out. A nationwide unemployment rate of around 25% means the same phenomenon is being played out across the different regions of Spain.
Latest News & Stories
- Top PP official resigns in Spain after corruption investigation
- Majority of Spaniards see new elections as inevitable - poll
- Benidorm TV series appeal for Extras
- Corvera Airport Passenger Forecast Revised
- Andalusia property owners must register under new rules
- Spain likely missed deficit goal in 2015: economy minister
- The 6 Year Sickie
- Spanish government using courts to avoid freedom of information requests
- Rajoy refuses PSOE leader handshake
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain