How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 22 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Red Cross report that Spanish grandparents are financial lifeline for families
A report by the Red Cross in Catalonia has revealed that grandparents in the region have become an important resource for family members who have been left without a job and have no other sources of income.
The report, entitled "The impact of the crisis on the elderly", states that 30% of people aged over 65 have been helping at least one family member make ends meet over the past 2 years. Josep Marquès, the Red Cross chapter's president, called on the government not to make any severe cutbacks that would affect the elderly.
Red Cross officials took a survey of 510 elderly people who use the humanitarian organization's services. Of the 603,932 unemployed people in Catalonia, around 204,000 have seen their jobless benefits run out. A nationwide unemployment rate of around 25% means the same phenomenon is being played out across the different regions of Spain.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain announces EU1.26 Bln suburban rail spend
- Spain to make another EU bailout repayment
- EC migrant quota assigned to Spain "
- Rajoy: “Who’s talking about bailouts, recession or unemployment?”
- Spain's Jazztel tops customer complaints list
- Spain e-commerce sales up 25% to EUR 4.1 bln in Q3
- Sabadell given EU clearance for TSB acquisition
- Spain's De Guindos says confident of Greek deal shortly
- Spanish Police arrest gang accused of trying to force immigrant to sell kidney
- Ryanair to fly 4.2 Million pasengers to Valencia in 2015
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain