How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 2 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain Bank Rescue "Bungled"
President of the World Bank, Robert Zoellick, has said how the reaction of the financial-market to the rescue plan for Spain’s banks shows that it was bungled.
The announcement of a €100 billion-euro bailout for Spain failed to stop a rise in Spain’s borrowing costs to a euro-era record last week.
With so much money allocated , “to have that being a negative story is amazing,” Zoellick told a panel discussion in the Mexican resort of Los Cabos today. “It’s because the execution was extremely poor.”
International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde told the same panel that Spain needs to do more work on formulating its request for aid.
“There’s clearly work in the making that need to be done,” for instance in terms of giving exact numbers, Lagarde said. The IMF will monitor the package, being “honest and candid” she said.
Latest News & Stories
- Tax Hikes For UK Home-Owning Expats ?
- Spain unemployment benefit claims up in August
- Scottish Independence Vote Registration Looms, Expats Nervous
- Spain Struggles With 'Brain-Drain Exodus'
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing