How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 20 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain Bank Rescue "Bungled"
President of the World Bank, Robert Zoellick, has said how the reaction of the financial-market to the rescue plan for Spain's banks shows that it was bungled.
The announcement of a €100 billion-euro bailout for Spain failed to stop a rise in Spain's borrowing costs to a euro-era record last week.
With so much money allocated , "to have that being a negative story is amazing," Zoellick told a panel discussion in the Mexican resort of Los Cabos today. "It's because the execution was extremely poor."
International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde told the same panel that Spain needs to do more work on formulating its request for aid.
"There's clearly work in the making that need to be done," for instance in terms of giving exact numbers, Lagarde said. The IMF will monitor the package, being "honest and candid" she said.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish city gives green light to same-sex pedestrian crossing signals
- Bank of Spain backs its officials over doomed Bankia listing
- Lycamobile Spain launches new unlimited calls plans
- Spanish court will enforce European ruling on mortgage compensation
- Spain to Send Tanks, Armored Vehicles, Troops to Latvia
- Spain's Tuenti launches flexible voice and data combos
- Spain’s Constitutional Court Cancels Resolutions on Catalonia's Independence
- Spain banks borrowed 144.6 bln euros from ECB in January
- ISIS beach attack threats 'mustn't stop tourism' : Security Expert
- Bank of Spain says three officials to resign over Bankia IPO case