How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 29 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Valencia worst offenders for non-payment of benefits
Despite being yet another well-intentioned but poorly executed law, the Ley de Dependencia has come under fire from a number of charities.
The 5 year old law has been slammed for failing to provide state benefits to tens of thousands of entitled claimants - an estimated 20'000 of which have died recieving nothing since submitting their claim.
Patients pressure groups have found that the region of Valencia is thw worst offender for non-payment of the benefit, with just 4% of all applicants recieving anything from the state.
A total of 25,291 people whose applications have been approved are still waiting for their money, years after making their initial request to claim the benefit that the state says they are entitled to.
Latest News & Stories
- Carrefour Spain gives IVA discounts to young people
- Spain August retail sales rise 0.4% year on year
- Spain's Constitutional Court Declares Referendum "Illegal"
- Spain's Energy Providers Given Freedom to Impose Hikes
- 68% of British Expats Are Happier Abroad
- Taxes, fees: Spain's battle between utilities and solar
- Spain Forecasts GDP to Grow 2% in 2015
- Catalonian leader orders referendum on independence from Spain
- Legionnaire's disease claims 8th life in Spain
- Prostitution and drugs account for Ä9bn of Spainís GDP : INE