How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 25 November 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Valencia worst offenders for non-payment of benefits
Despite being yet another well-intentioned but poorly executed law, the Ley de Dependencia has come under fire from a number of charities.
The 5 year old law has been slammed for failing to provide state benefits to tens of thousands of entitled claimants - an estimated 20'000 of which have died recieving nothing since submitting their claim.
Patients pressure groups have found that the region of Valencia is thw worst offender for non-payment of the benefit, with just 4% of all applicants recieving anything from the state.
A total of 25,291 people whose applications have been approved are still waiting for their money, years after making their initial request to claim the benefit that the state says they are entitled to.
Latest News & Stories
- 70% of UK Expats in Spain 'Lifers'
- Spain's public deficit to September falls from year-ago period
- Spain economic expansion to stretch into Q4 - Bank of Spain
- What owners of a Spanish vehicle 7-10 years old need to know...
- Satellites to launch from Spain's Castellon Airport
- Spanish Police bust people-trafficking gang
- Catalonia announces new ‘independence plan’
- EU to investigate Spain's 'illegal' energy bills
- Rajoy's anti-corruption measures : 2 years of nada
- Spanish Embassy dodges Irish builders bill