How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 31 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain Through To Quarters England Showdown Likely
Spain secured the top spot in Group C of Euro 2012 and clinched the 5th quarter final place ahead of Italy after a 1-0 win over fellow contenders Croatia last night.
At times, Croatia looked to be the stronger side as several early opportunities were missed and Iker Casillas, captain and goalkeeper for Spain, proved why he is considered by many as one of the best goalkeepers in the world by preventing any goals slipping past him.
The Croatian side learned early on that Italy had scored against Ireland which effectively meant Croatia were on their way home unless they could pull off the unthinkable and win against the current European and World champions.
Alas, it was not to be. Late into the 2nd half a dubious goal, setup by Spain's Iniesta and executed by Jesus Navas, secured Croatia's fate and ultimate exit from the Euros.
At full time the group standings meant Spain topped the group, Italy bagged second with Croatia third and Ireland forth.
Tonight sees the final matches of Group D with England looking to secure their passage into the quarter finals.
Should England come second in the group which most pundits are predicting, their quarter final match would be against Spain on Saturday, 23rd June 2012. Kick off 20.45 Central European Time (19.45 BST)
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Registers Record-Breaking 9.6 Million Foreign Tourists in July
- What happens if Mariano Rajoy does not get reinstated ?
- Spain closer to third election in a year as confidence vote looms
- Iberdrola Announces 8 Million Smart Meters Installed In Spain
- No is no, Socialist nominee tells Spanish PM at brief meeting
- Twitter Spain launches Rajoy emoji
- Spain's Socialists say no to Rajoy, prolonging political deadlock
- Spain sees Tourist spend per head at 15 year low
- Spanish Jihadist chatter on the rise say experts, with sights set on Spain
- Spain starts countdown to possible third national election in year