How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 24 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain Through To Quarters England Showdown Likely
Spain secured the top spot in Group C of Euro 2012 and clinched the 5th quarter final place ahead of Italy after a 1-0 win over fellow contenders Croatia last night.
At times, Croatia looked to be the stronger side as several early opportunities were missed and Iker Casillas, captain and goalkeeper for Spain, proved why he is considered by many as one of the best goalkeepers in the world by preventing any goals slipping past him.
The Croatian side learned early on that Italy had scored against Ireland which effectively meant Croatia were on their way home unless they could pull off the unthinkable and win against the current European and World champions.
Alas, it was not to be. Late into the 2nd half a dubious goal, setup by Spain's Iniesta and executed by Jesus Navas, secured Croatia's fate and ultimate exit from the Euros.
At full time the group standings meant Spain topped the group, Italy bagged second with Croatia third and Ireland forth.
Tonight sees the final matches of Group D with England looking to secure their passage into the quarter finals.
Should England come second in the group which most pundits are predicting, their quarter final match would be against Spain on Saturday, 23rd June 2012. Kick off 20.45 Central European Time (19.45 BST)
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now