How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain Says Sticking to Timetable for Bank Audit by End-July
Spain’s government said it is sticking to its plan to publish an audit of banks’ balance sheets in July, denying it would postpone the report by 2 months.
The government is keeping the initial deadline of July 31 for the publication of reports by four auditors, said an Economy Ministry official, who asked not to be named in line with government policy. Officials at the ministry in Madrid had declined to comment earlier on reports by Expansion newspaper and Bloomberg News that the audits would be delayed until September.
Officials decided to give PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Deloitte LLP, Ernst & Young LLP and KPMG Europe LLP more time to carry out their assessment of the balance sheets of Spain’s 14 main banking groups, a person familiar with the plans said today. The results of a separate stress test by Oliver Wyman Ltd. and Roland Berger Strategy Consultants are due by June 21.
Spanish bank losses are climbing as a second recession in three years pushes up unemployment. Officials will use the results of the stress test to gauge how much of the €100 billion rescue package agreed with the EU on June 9 they will need to deploy.
Bad loans as a proportion of total lending jumped to 8.72% in April, the highest since 1994, from 8.37% in March and 6.36% a year ago as €4.8 billion of credit soured in the month, the Bank of Spain said yesterday.
Latest News & Stories
- 50% of Spain's workers earn under EU1,000 per month
- Spanish Attorney General Files Suit against Catalan President
- UK-Spain dispute over Gibraltar threatens European skies reform
- PM calls on opposition to “get serious” and detail plans for federal state
- Spain 2015 Michelin Restuarants Guide Released
- Gibraltar airs EU advice to Spain over border delays
- Spain finalizes direct flights with Azerbaijan for 2015
- Israel vexed at Spain’s move to recognise Palestinian state
- Orange reaches 2 million 4G customers in Spain
- Spain arrests Moroccan on terrorism charges
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain