How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 December 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Union leader questions viability of Corvera Airport
The Secretary General of the UGT in Murcia has responded to the promises made by President Valcarcel last week that Corvera Airport will be operational by October.
Nicolas Carrion acknowledged that the project had seen a number of setbacks, but that the airport should be operational by now as it simply made no sense that a total of 300 million euros had been invested, that construction had been completed and yet the facility was allowed to remain unoperational.
According to Europa Press the exact status of the airport is currently uncertain, with opinion changing every day on issues such as the reclassification of airspace, and on compensation payments due to paid to San Javier airport.
The Secretary also criticised regional politicians for misleading the local residents by speaking of guarantees of jobs for the 500 workers at San Javier Airport, and the creation of a further 20'000 new jobs.
Even the central Government have commented that it is too early to give an opening date for Corvera : After the original opening date of May 2012 was missed, will the new October deadline be another embarrassing false start ?
With regards to the issue of airspace, the Ministry notes that the new airport falls within the control area of the San Javier air base and therefore in an area restricted by the Military.The Government notes that this makes things complicated from an air traffic control perspective.
Surely this is something that should have been addressed at the very point that the location of Corvera was being proposed as a potential site for the new airport - not prior to opening ?
Latest News & Stories
- Countdown to change in UK driving licence law
- Spain gets ready for El Gordo lottery draw
- Ryanair acts on fuel policy defamation
- Spain's DGT clamp down on road safety
- Netflix silent on reported Spain launch
- Lidl celebrates 20 years in spain with new store
- Airline declares 'No interest in flying to Castellon Airport'
- Most Catalans would vote to stay in Spain: poll
- Losses at Spain's 'bad bank' raise prospect of slow turnaround
- Paramount Murcia boss denies importance of Corvera Airport
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes
- Bank Charges in Spain
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens