How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
CLICK HERE to find out more...
- Mr Grumpy : Officially an 'Old Bastard'
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain says Italian rescue fund proposal "intelligent"
A potentially controversial Italian proposal for the euro zone's rescue funds to start buying the debt of stricken euro zone countries is "intelligent", Spanish Foreign Minister Josť Manuel Garcia-Margallo said on Wednesday.
Asked if Spain will formally request bank aid on Thursday at the Eurogroup meeting, he told reporters: "We will need to wait for the assessment of independent auditors tomorrow and compare that to the findings of IMF deciding what to do next."
"I think there needs to be an intervention in secondary markets of public debts," he added, without elaborating.
Italian officials have said their plan, which is aimed at lowering the financing costs of countries such as Spain and Italy, would be discussed at a meeting of finance ministers this week.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Spain to Clamp Down on "Tax Havens"
- Bank of Spain Debts Jump in March
- Hunt for those at fault for Spain's bank crisis gains pace
- How to maximise the value of your property in Spain
- How to choose a lawyer when buying your property in Spain
- How to get legal assistance in Spain