How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 20 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain says Italian rescue fund proposal "intelligent"
A potentially controversial Italian proposal for the euro zone's rescue funds to start buying the debt of stricken euro zone countries is "intelligent", Spanish Foreign Minister José Manuel Garcia-Margallo said on Wednesday.
Asked if Spain will formally request bank aid on Thursday at the Eurogroup meeting, he told reporters: "We will need to wait for the assessment of independent auditors tomorrow and compare that to the findings of IMF deciding what to do next."
"I think there needs to be an intervention in secondary markets of public debts," he added, without elaborating.
Italian officials have said their plan, which is aimed at lowering the financing costs of countries such as Spain and Italy, would be discussed at a meeting of finance ministers this week.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast
- How to maximise the value of your property in Spain
- How to choose a lawyer when buying your property in Spain
- How to get legal assistance in Spain