How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 24 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain says Italian rescue fund proposal "intelligent"
A potentially controversial Italian proposal for the euro zone's rescue funds to start buying the debt of stricken euro zone countries is "intelligent", Spanish Foreign Minister José Manuel Garcia-Margallo said on Wednesday.
Asked if Spain will formally request bank aid on Thursday at the Eurogroup meeting, he told reporters: "We will need to wait for the assessment of independent auditors tomorrow and compare that to the findings of IMF deciding what to do next."
"I think there needs to be an intervention in secondary markets of public debts," he added, without elaborating.
Italian officials have said their plan, which is aimed at lowering the financing costs of countries such as Spain and Italy, would be discussed at a meeting of finance ministers this week.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to bid for euro zone chair
- Spain's Caixabank beats profit forecast in Q1
- Spain's Bankinter Q1 profit up 45 pct
- Your Spanish bank account may be blocked if you don’t hand in your ID
- Retired Expats Must Prove They Are Not Dead
- Stag party causes chaos on Glasgow-Alicante flight
- Tax Agency uncovers €20 billion of Spanish capital in Switzerland
- Spanish GDP will not return to pre-crisis levels until 2017 : IMF
- Spain Not Doing Enough to Clean Sunken Trawler Fuel Leakage - Greenpeace
- Spain to publish list of tax-debtors
- How to maximise the value of your property in Spain
- How to choose a lawyer when buying your property in Spain
- How to get legal assistance in Spain