How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain Formally Requests Bailout Funds From Europe
Spanish finance minister, Luis de Guindos, has today formally requested a bailout from its European partners to help recapitalize its ailing domestic banks burdened with bad property debts on their books.
Details are sketchy at this point and no amount has been specified in a letter to the head of the EuroGroup Finance Ministers, Jean-Claude Juncker.
It is expected that Spain will be seeking up to €100bn, although the terms and conditions of the bailout have not been finalized. Luis de Guindos expects to have them in place before the next meeting of the EuroGroup Finance Ministers on 9th July.
Coincidentally, the terms of the bailout to be released on or before the next meeting of the EuroGroup Finance Ministers, coincide with the launch of the ESM (European Stability Mechanism) – Controversial to investors as the mechanism favors repayment of bailout funds before any other debts, including government bonds, moving investors down the pecking order and increasing the risks of not receiving their money back.
Markets are still expecting Spain to require a full Eurozone rescue package much like Greece, Portugal and Ireland. Until the details of the bailout are released, markets are expected to keep on demanding higher risk premiums on government bonds.
- Insurance - Ibex Insurance
- Investments - Premier Pension Solutions SL
- QROPS and Pensions - Premier Pension Solutions SL
- Tax - Wincham Consultants Limited
Latest News & Stories
- Ciudad Real Airport Administrators Lower Price & Extend Deadline... Again
- Telefonica and Santander team up to launch online education platform
- EU : Gibraltar's Artificial Reef "Lawful"
- More Irish robbed in Spain than any other foreign country
- New Flights announced between Manchester - Spain
- Spain send experts to join Algeria air crash investigation
- EC Approves Murcia's Corvera Loan - With Conditions
- Spain train driver apologizes on anniversary of crash
- Spain's Caixabank bad debts fall as recovery takes hold
- UK flight to Spain makes emergency landing after lightning strike