How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 23 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
El Hierro Earthquake Update : 25th June
As the current and on-going Earthquake swarm approaches it's 1 year anniversary on the 17th of July, activity on the Island over the last 24 hours show that the Volcano may still have a few more tricks up it's sleeve.
Scientists from the Government-run National Institute of Geology (IGN) have recorded a total of 49 Earthquakes and Tremors since Sunday Morning, with magnitutes ranging from 1.8 ro 3.8 on the richer scale, and with depths ranging from between 17 to 22 kms.
As with the earthquakes recorded over previous weeks and months, the majority of the activity was recorded toward the South and West of Frontera.
Off the Coast of La Restinga to the South of the Island, the underwater Volcanic cone has increased production of Volcanic gases, indicating that it may be about to move into a new phase.
So far, PEVOLCA scientists observing activity on the Island have not released any official statement.Read previous news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Whist Volcanic activity on and around the Canary Islands is quite common, prolonged activity such as currently being experienced, often causes concern to supporters of the 'Armagedon theory'. It is widely held that an explosion of the Volcano on the neighbouring island of La Palma could cause a giant Tsunami which would have the potential to devastate much of the eastern coast of the USA.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain investigates offensive Twitter account
- Spain Easter road deaths up on 2013
- Poll finds Spain disapproves of homosexuality the least
- Orange Spain preparing new ADSL price reduction
- Gibraltar Fire Halts Easter Sunday Gambling
- Spain sets example for world in organ donation
- Spain banks' bad loans ratio 13.4% in Feb
- Castellon Airport costs Valencia €46,300 per day
- EU sends investigators to Leon Airport
- Germany cancels scheme to attract young jobless from abroad
- 10 Features to check when buying Spanish property
- What is a Geotechnical survey and when would I need one ?
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain