How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 24 April 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Catalonia increase prescription charges
The region of Catalonia has begun to charge €1 per prescription in answer to Central Government's bid to squeeze more out of the the country's healthcare budget.
The move was made follwing last month's announcement that prescription charges will soon be charged in accordance with the annual earnings of the consumer.
All Pensioners will now be required to pay 10% of the cost of their prescription, however, with many of the elderly requiring multiple courses of medication daily, it is expected to leave many struggling to make ends meet.
Catalonia has pre-empted this weekend's move by charging each patient €1 for their prescriptions, even where they were previously entitled to receive them for free.
Even though the Catalan authorities claim their new charge falls within the law, doctors, nurses and pharmacists say it is immoral and will hurt the most vulnerable members of society - the sick and elderly - the most.
Latest News & Stories
- Brexit takes its toll on Spanish property market
- Spain’s “golden visa” scheme brings in €2.16 billion in first three years
- Vueling increasing capacity on flights from Cardiff to Spain
- Spanish police arrest 25 in suspected Chinese mafia bust
- Spanish PM Rajoy on the ropes as corruption scandals hit ruling party
- Spain Inflation Falls to 2.3%
- 40% of Spanish children live in poverty
- Spain and India ‘too poor’ for Snapchat
- IMF raises Spain’s 2017 growth forecast to 2.6% as global economy recovers
- Record-breaking Easter boosts hopes for summer tourism bonanza in Spain
- Claiming Sickness Benefit as an Autonomo - Self Employed worker
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain