How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Catalonia increase prescription charges
The region of Catalonia has begun to charge €1 per prescription in answer to Central Government's bid to squeeze more out of the the country's healthcare budget.
The move was made follwing last month's announcement that prescription charges will soon be charged in accordance with the annual earnings of the consumer.
All Pensioners will now be required to pay 10% of the cost of their prescription, however, with many of the elderly requiring multiple courses of medication daily, it is expected to leave many struggling to make ends meet.
Catalonia has pre-empted this weekend's move by charging each patient €1 for their prescriptions, even where they were previously entitled to receive them for free.
Even though the Catalan authorities claim their new charge falls within the law, doctors, nurses and pharmacists say it is immoral and will hurt the most vulnerable members of society - the sick and elderly - the most.
Latest News & Stories
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln
- Lidl to invest further €180 Mln in Spain
- Spain to ease corporate debt refinancing rules
- Catalonia to tax banks for keeping properties empty
- Drinking among Spanish youngsters on the rise
- Interior Minister to visit Ceuta and Melilla over “emergency” border situation
- Spain services sector grows for 4th straight month in Feb - PMI
- Claiming Sickness Benefit as an Autonomo - Self Employed worker
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain