How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 24 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Catalonia increase prescription charges
The region of Catalonia has begun to charge €1 per prescription in answer to Central Government's bid to squeeze more out of the the country's healthcare budget.
The move was made follwing last month's announcement that prescription charges will soon be charged in accordance with the annual earnings of the consumer.
All Pensioners will now be required to pay 10% of the cost of their prescription, however, with many of the elderly requiring multiple courses of medication daily, it is expected to leave many struggling to make ends meet.
Catalonia has pre-empted this weekend's move by charging each patient €1 for their prescriptions, even where they were previously entitled to receive them for free.
Even though the Catalan authorities claim their new charge falls within the law, doctors, nurses and pharmacists say it is immoral and will hurt the most vulnerable members of society - the sick and elderly - the most.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Claiming Sickness Benefit as an Autonomo - Self Employed worker
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain