How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 22 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Catalonia increase prescription charges
The region of Catalonia has begun to charge Ä1 per prescription in answer to Central Government's bid to squeeze more out of the the country's healthcare budget.
The move was made follwing last month's announcement that prescription charges will soon be charged in accordance with the annual earnings of the consumer.
All Pensioners will now be required to pay 10% of the cost of their prescription, however, with many of the elderly requiring multiple courses of medication daily, it is expected to leave many struggling to make ends meet.
Catalonia has pre-empted this weekend's move by charging each patient Ä1 for their prescriptions, even where they were previously entitled to receive them for free.
Even though the Catalan authorities claim their new charge falls within the law, doctors, nurses and pharmacists say it is immoral and will hurt the most vulnerable members of society - the sick and elderly - the most.
Latest News & Stories
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Vodafone Spain service revenues up for 1st time since 2008
- Manifesto calls on politicians to avoid third election
- Spainís Audit Office says Ä300 million a year being paid to deceased pensioners
- New flights announced Birmingham - Spain
- Spain to Ask EU for Two Additional Years to Reduce Budget Deficit
- Spain demands explanation over British nuclear submarine collision off Gibraltar
- Spainís King Felipe gives Rajoy 1 week to form government
- What does Brexit mean for Expats in/from the UK and the EU ?
- Claiming Sickness Benefit as an Autonomo - Self Employed worker
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain