How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
CLICK HERE to find out more...
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
The latest on prescription charges
More information about Spanish prescription charges is gradually coming through.Your annual resident tax declaration or Spanish tax return will be key to demonstrating your income to reduce prescription charges. But what should you do if you have missed the June 30th declaration deadline ?
Prescription contributions in Spain are set to increase for everybody, including pensioners. However, how much you will have to contribute will depend on your total income. This is not just how much you earn, but money from savings, stocks and shares and rentals too.
The big question is – how will they know what your income is when you go to the farmacia ? We have been told by our most recent sources that the information will be passed automatically through from Hacienda (the Spanish Tax Authority) to the Social Security office who issue your Spanish health care or SIP card.
Thanks to Abaco for keeping us informed of these changes.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's PP local election landslide : 2 years on
- AENA report on Corvera Airport viability slammed
- Alhama de Murcia invites Paramount appeals
- Castellon Airport Director Sacked
- New Arrival at San Javier - But what about Corvera ?
- Spanish Residents declare overseas assets equaivalent of 9% of GDP
- Zapatero : "The best Ex-Prime Minister"
- Spain to award Residency to buyers of luxury property
- Amnesty International Slams Spain's Human Rights Record .... Again
- Spain property eviction numbers questioned
- Applying for your Spanish prescription charge reimbursement
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Medical Emergencies & Pharmacies
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain