How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 28 June 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
The latest on prescription charges
More information about Spanish prescription charges is gradually coming through.Your annual resident tax declaration or Spanish tax return will be key to demonstrating your income to reduce prescription charges. But what should you do if you have missed the June 30th declaration deadline ?
Prescription contributions in Spain are set to increase for everybody, including pensioners. However, how much you will have to contribute will depend on your total income. This is not just how much you earn, but money from savings, stocks and shares and rentals too.
The big question is – how will they know what your income is when you go to the farmacia ? We have been told by our most recent sources that the information will be passed automatically through from Hacienda (the Spanish Tax Authority) to the Social Security office who issue your Spanish health care or SIP card.
Thanks to Abaco for keeping us informed of these changes.
Latest News & Stories
- Applying for your Spanish prescription charge reimbursement
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Medical Emergencies & Pharmacies
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain