How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain electricity demand falls in June
Spain's demand for electricity fell by 1.8% in June on an annual basis, marking the tenth straight month of falls, national grid operator REE said on Friday, reflecting weaker consumer demand in the recession-hit country.
Demand in June was 20,655 gigawatt-hours. REE also said demand fell by 1.7% over the first 6 months of the year compared with the same period in 2011.
Spain entered a recession in the Q1 of 2012, sapping energy demand.
A third of energy needs in Spain, which is a major importer of gas, was met by renewable energy sources providing 34% of needs in the month, up from 29.8% in the same month a year ago.
Following is a percentage breakdown of Spain's generation mix in June, as provided by REE:
CO-GENERATION * 11.8%
SOLAR PV 4.7%
THERMAL RENEWABLE 1.9%
SOLAR THERMAL 1.9%
* Co-generation plants differ from conventional plants because they recover and make use of waste heat. They are usually gas-fired, but can be adapted from any type of thermal plant.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Travel authorities call for responsible tourism in Spain after sex scandal
- Spain's AENA appoints banks for IPO
- Spain sets another record for foreign tourism
- Gibraltar says data proves Spain border queues are deliberate
- BBVA to buy Spain's nationalized Catalunya Banc
- Spain set to double rail accident compensation
- Make Cost Savings On Iberdrola Rental Charges
- The Ten Most Common Electrical Faults Found In Spanish Properties
- How can I claim my Winter Fuel Allowance ?
- What is Skype and how do I use it ?
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain