How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Price of gas and electricity to increase 1st July
Spanish electricity prices are due to increase from tomorrow - July 1st - by an average of 3.95%, while natural gas will increase by an average of 2.26%, which will result an extra cost of around 14.89 euros a year to consumers.
Additionally, the price of a 12.5 kg bottle of butane will increase by 5.92% - an extra 92 cents per bottle.
This is the second increase in the price of electricity of the year, following an increase of 7% applied in April, and the third increase in the price of gas, which rose by 0.5% in January and 5% in April.
The 5.92% increase for butane has been applied even though a ruling was made by the Supreme Court which instructed them not to do so. Spanish Industry have taken the decision to ignore the ruling, claiming that not to introduce an increase would mean forcing vendors to sell butane at a financial loss.
Spain currently has an estimated 20 million domestic consumers of electricity and 10 million of butane.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- End to roaming charges will benefit EU expats
- Spain investigates Sanitas in €28.07 mln tax avoidance
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain