How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Price of gas and electricity to increase 1st July
Spanish electricity prices are due to increase from tomorrow - July 1st - by an average of 3.95%, while natural gas will increase by an average of 2.26%, which will result an extra cost of around 14.89 euros a year to consumers.
Additionally, the price of a 12.5 kg bottle of butane will increase by 5.92% - an extra 92 cents per bottle.
This is the second increase in the price of electricity of the year, following an increase of 7% applied in April, and the third increase in the price of gas, which rose by 0.5% in January and 5% in April.
The 5.92% increase for butane has been applied even though a ruling was made by the Supreme Court which instructed them not to do so. Spanish Industry have taken the decision to ignore the ruling, claiming that not to introduce an increase would mean forcing vendors to sell butane at a financial loss.
Spain currently has an estimated 20 million domestic consumers of electricity and 10 million of butane.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's PP local election landslide : 2 years on
- AENA report on Corvera Airport viability slammed
- Alhama de Murcia invites Paramount appeals
- Castellon Airport Director Sacked
- New Arrival at San Javier - But what about Corvera ?
- Spanish Residents declare overseas assets equaivalent of 9% of GDP
- Zapatero : "The best Ex-Prime Minister"
- Spain to award Residency to buyers of luxury property
- Amnesty International Slams Spain's Human Rights Record .... Again
- Spain property eviction numbers questioned
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain