How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 20 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Price of gas and electricity to increase 1st July
Spanish electricity prices are due to increase from tomorrow - July 1st - by an average of 3.95%, while natural gas will increase by an average of 2.26%, which will result an extra cost of around 14.89 euros a year to consumers.
Additionally, the price of a 12.5 kg bottle of butane will increase by 5.92% - an extra 92 cents per bottle.
This is the second increase in the price of electricity of the year, following an increase of 7% applied in April, and the third increase in the price of gas, which rose by 0.5% in January and 5% in April.
The 5.92% increase for butane has been applied even though a ruling was made by the Supreme Court which instructed them not to do so. Spanish Industry have taken the decision to ignore the ruling, claiming that not to introduce an increase would mean forcing vendors to sell butane at a financial loss.
Spain currently has an estimated 20 million domestic consumers of electricity and 10 million of butane.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain