How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 5 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Price of gas and electricity to increase 1st July
Spanish electricity prices are due to increase from tomorrow - July 1st - by an average of 3.95%, while natural gas will increase by an average of 2.26%, which will result an extra cost of around 14.89 euros a year to consumers.
Additionally, the price of a 12.5 kg bottle of butane will increase by 5.92% - an extra 92 cents per bottle.
This is the second increase in the price of electricity of the year, following an increase of 7% applied in April, and the third increase in the price of gas, which rose by 0.5% in January and 5% in April.
The 5.92% increase for butane has been applied even though a ruling was made by the Supreme Court which instructed them not to do so. Spanish Industry have taken the decision to ignore the ruling, claiming that not to introduce an increase would mean forcing vendors to sell butane at a financial loss.
Spain currently has an estimated 20 million domestic consumers of electricity and 10 million of butane.
Latest News & Stories
- UK urges Expats to vote in EU exit referendum
- Final Nail in the Coffin lid for Paramount Murcia ?
- AVE Train to Murcia's Corvera Airport to arrive in 2016
- Spanish king and queen postpone UK state visit
- Spain may compensate Bankia shareholders after flotation fraud claims
- PSOE refuse to bow to Podemos’ over negotiation demands
- Vodafone Spain revenues down 1.3% to EUR 1.26 bln in Q3
- Madrid-Riyadh Flight Evacuated
- Spain reports first European case of Zika-infected pregnant woman
- Spain's CaixaBank launches Samsung Pay
- Getting your utility bills online
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain