How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 23 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
El Hierro Earthquake : Volcano displaces Island by 5cms
The Nation Institute of Geology (IGN) has now recorded almost 650 earthquakes on the Island of El Hierro since last Sunday night.
The most recent earthquake swarm - which began on the 21st of July last year - was officially declared over in March of this year, but an enhanced level of activity began once again last weekend.
However, the Island is once again on 'yellow alert' for volcanic eruptions after 161 separate earthquakes were recorded on Thursday.
Around 30 of the earthquakes recorded this last week have reached a magnitude of 3.8 on the Richter scale, but with the majority of the activities occurring at depths of 18 to 20kms they have not been felt on the surface.
Yesterday the Director General for the Safety of the Canary Islands confirmed that the surface of the island has now been displaced by between 3 to 5cms.
Read previous news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Bankinter profit rise sets positive tone for Spain's banks
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Spain "Violated Human Rights of Illegal Immigrants" : ECHR
- Spain to cut 2014 net debt issuance on higher tax revenue
- A fifth of British expats in Spain left last year
- Spain investigates offensive Twitter account
- Spain Easter road deaths up on 2013
- Poll finds Spain disapproves of homosexuality the least
- Orange Spain preparing new ADSL price reduction
- Gibraltar Fire Halts Easter Sunday Gambling